are you a coffee lover like myself? you will LOVE this easy way of sneaking some extra caffeine into your morning routine. not only is this mocha protein smoothie bowl, delicious but it's also so good for you too!
the use of evive's smoothie cubes makes the preparation quick and easy for this recipe. in addition, it's packed with extra protein. extra protein means this recipe will keep you feeling more full for longer than your typical smoothie. one of my favorite parts of this recipe is that it satisfies my chocolate cravings. however, the cashew mocha cubes aren't too sweet making it the perfect start to my day. it is breakfast after all!
you can order your smoothie bases here so that you never have to deal make your own smoothie base again. for this recipe you will need their cashew mocha cubes to create the smoothie base.
mocha smoothie bowl
- food processor or blender
- 1 package evive cashew mocha base
- ¼ cup almond milk to go in blender with cubes
- ½ frozen banana to go in blender with cubes
- 1 chocolate coconut date ball recipe linked below (optional topping)
- ¼ cup fresh blueberries (optional topping)
- ¼ cup coconut flakes unsweetened (optional topping)
- take the evive cubes out of the freezer and thaw in the package for 15-20 minutes
- place cubes in either a blender or food processor with the frozen banana and almond milk
- mix until fully combined and reaches your preferred consistency. i love to have a thicker base but if you would like a thinner base you can adjust by adding more almond milk
- transfer the smoothie base from the processor to a bowl
- top with your desired toppings - my favorites are a chocolate coconut date ball, fresh fruit and coconut flakes
tips and tricks
- if you liked this recipe, you will also like my high-protein smoothie bowl that also uses evive's smoothie cubes.
- one of my favorite granola recipes linked here! it is a topping on the high-protein smoothie bowl (linked above)
- i topped this smoothie bowl with a chocolate coconut date ball. it pairs perfectly with the cashew mocha base, coconut and fresh fruit
- you can keep the prepared smoothie base in the fridge if you don't plan to eat it right away
- perfect for a hot, summer day whether it's the weekend or a weekday because it is so easy to make!