protein black bean brownies are an indulgent chocolate treat. you wouldn't believe that there are beans in this recipe! healthy, delicious and easy to make!
this is a brownie recipe that you don't need to feel guilty about if you eat the whole pan!
these brownies are naturally vegan AND gluten free! i've tried out this recipe a few times now (not mad about it) and have finally perfected the brownies to share it with you all.
some highlights about this recipe is that it's delicious, easy to make and an easy cleanup!
If you're looking for a healthy dessert that you could have for breakfast if you wanted to, then this protein black bean brownies recipe is for you!
main ingredients in protein black bean brownies
frequently asked questions
yes! it will just no longer be vegan
the black beans replace the flour in this recipe. in some recipes, it may but the substitute for butter/oil but in this recipe we use a banana for that!
the black beans! they are an excellent source of protein as well as fiber and healthy carbs.
nuts, nut butter, white chocolate, banana slices, really anything your heart desires!
store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days or in the freezer for 1 month
related recipes with cacao powder
- low calorie brownies (using pumpkin)
- chocolate banana mug cake
- small batch chocolate cake
- protein chocolate mousse
if you try this recipe, please consider leaving a rating and comment at the end of this blog post. it is incredibly helpful to my business and your fellow readers!
Healthy Protein Black Bean Brownies Recipe(Flourless and Vegan)
- 1 food processor or blender
- 1 15 oz can black beans (about 1.5 cups) rinsed and drained
- 2 flax eggs see faq for instructions
- 1 banana
- ½ cup cacao powder unsweetened
- 4 dates
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ½ tsp baking soda
- chocolate chips or chunks optional
- preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- line an 8x8 square baking pan (or loaf pan if you like thicker brownies) and use non-stick spray of choice
- add all of the ingredients in the food processor in the ingredient list EXCEPT for the chocolate chips (we'll add those later)
- process until you get a smooth texture and everything is combined
- when complete, pour into the greased 8x8 pan (or loaf pan) and pour chocolate chips on top to your hearts desire
- bake for 30-40 minutes (depends on your pan) constantly checking after this point to see if it needs more time (mine took about 40 minutes)
- turn the pan around halfway as well for even baking
- when fully baked, a toothpick should come out clean
- let the brownies cool completely before slicing
- slice and enjoy!
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 4.2g||5%|
|Saturated Fat 2.4g||12%|
|Total Carbohydrate 28.6g||10%|
|Dietary Fiber 5.2g||18%|
|Total Sugars 14.4g|