I’ve been wanting to make these carrot cake oats for a loooong time and what better time than right before fall season begins? I am honestly so happy with how it came out, the perfect balance of cinnamon + nutmeg make this dish fall ready. Carrot cake for a dessert in general is underrated and deserves a whole lot more love than it gets. With that in mind, I’ve taken the delicious flavors that you want in a carrot cake and brought them to life with this flavorful bowl of oats!
So what are you waiting for? Get your oats, carrots and just a few more ingredients that I list out below and lets get going!
Ingredients (1 Serving)
- Steel Cut Oats (1/4 cup)
- Shredded / Cut Carrots (1/2 cup)
- 2 TBSP Maple Syrup
- Cinnamon (to taste)
- Nutmeg (to taste)
- Shredded Coconut (for topping, optional)
- Pumpkin Seeds (for topping, optional)
- Almond Butter (for topping, optional)
- Cook steel cut oats based on directions / to your liking
- Prep carrots if needed and add into the oats once they are almost fully cooked / most of the water is absorbed
- Add the maple syrup, cinnamon and nutmeg shortly after the carrots then mix again until fully combined
- Let simmer until the oats have finished cooking and the flavors have been fully absorbed
- Cool slightly then scoop into a bowl and top with any toppings you desire! I truly love the combination of all the ones I suggested in the ingredients list, mwah!
I hope you all enjoy this super easy but delicious bowl of oats, inspired from a classic dessert! Let me know what you all think and as always, I love to see you making my recipes on Instagram and pictures you send to us via email.
Xx, Feasty Travels
- If you liked this recipe, you will also like : Pumpkin Pie Baked Oatmeal
- You can try adding in apples, other nut butters or anything else your heart desires!