I’ve always loved having Quaker’s Quick Oat Packets as a kid whether it was the Maple Brown Sugar or Apples & Cinnamon. This recipe is going to bring you back to your childhood by doing a modern version of Apples & Cinnamon Oatmeal!
This Apples & Cinnamon Baked Oatmeal Recipe is going to be just as delicious and fun, but without all the added extra sugar! Not only that but you can make it when you have more time on the weekends and need something quick when you’re busy and on-the-go during the week!
Let’s get ROLLing with it!
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 tsp baking soda
- cinnamon (to taste)
- 1 large apple (or 2 small)
- 2 eggs (can be flax eggs)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup almond milk (your preferred)
- 2 TBSP maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Spray an 8×8 baking dish and set aside
- Combine all dry ingredients into a bowl
- Cut your apple into bite size chunks saving a quarter of it to slice into slivers for topping
- Combine all wet ingredients into a separate bowl then incorporate with dry ingredients slowly
- Mix until combined then fold in apple chunks
- Once combined spread evenly in baking dish
- Slice last quarter of Apple into thin slices and place in any pattern on top
- I added a little more cinnamon on top of the entire dish (but not too much)
- Bake for 30/35 min until warm and baked through (edges should be golden and apples are soft)
- Let cool slightly after taking it out of the oven
- Slice and enjoy! You can top with your favorite toppings like more maple syrup, fresh fruit, nuts for a crunch, nut butter or coconut chips
Let us know what you think and share your pictures with us (@feastytravels on Instagram)!
- Baked oats can have so many variations. For this one, you can add nuts / seeds, other fruits or play around with the spices, like nutmeg!
- This dish is perfect if you need something to make during the weekend then easily reheat throughout the week!
- A recipe that even kids won’t complain about eating
- If you liked this recipe, you will also like : Pumpkin Pie Baked Oatmeal and Carrot Cake Oats