My oh my, I am excited about these babies! Does anyone else wish they could have cake for breakfast every day? I know that I do but it would just cause me to be tired or not feel energized the rest of the day. Well fear no more! You can have your cake and eat it too EVERY morning with these carrot cake breakfast bars!
Whether you’re on the go or enjoying your breakfast at home, these carrot cake breakfast bars are perfect to keep you energized throughout the morning and start your day off right.
Using clean ingredients, I created this recipe to be naturally gluten free + vegan. This recipe is a vessel for all the toppings your heart desires, one of my favorites is topped with almond butter (pictured here!).
- 1.5 cups of rolled oats
- 1 cup of carrots, shredded
- 1 flax egg (1 TBSP flax seed mixed with 2 TBSP water, sit for 10 min)
- 2 TBSP maple syrup
- 1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Make flax egg and let sit while you get other ingredients together
- Put the oats in a food processor and pulse until it becomes a flour texture
- Shred carrots of not done already then add to the homemade oat flour
- Add shredded carrots, maple syrup and almond milk
- Pulse until mixture is fully combined
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper and spray with non-stick (I use coconut oil spray)
- Cook for 15 minutes, rotating halfway through
- If it needs more time, keep checking consistenly
- If you liked this recipe, you will also like : Carrot Cake Oats, Pumpkin Pie Baked Oatmeal
- My favorite toppings are nut butters, coconut flakes/chips, nuts + seeds
- A food processor makes this recipe super easy and I can also use mine to shred the carrots
- These carrot cake bars are perfect in the fall but I love to have them year round