I fall in love with this recipe every time I make it! And I’ve made it quite a few times to get it perfect for you. This Cinnamon Apple loaf is perfect for the fall + winter days, with the cinnamon warming you from the inside out. Best to be enjoyed with friends and family to share the delicious flavors together.
- 2 medium apples, chopped into chunks
- medium apple, cut into thin slices for topping
- 1 cup of almond flour
- 1 1/2 cups of rolled oats
- baking powder, 1 tsp
- cinnamon, 2 tsp
- 2 flax eggs (2 TBSP ground flax seeds with 6 TBSP cold water, mix & let sit for 10 minutes before adding in)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper + spray with nonstick of choice
- Mix ground flaxseed with water and let sit for 10 minutes
- Next, while the flax eggs are thickening up, chop 2 medium apples into chunks
- Add oats into a food processor to make a flour consistency
- Add the rest of the dry ingredients and mix until fully combined
- Then add the wet ingredients and combine
- Pour batter into a bowl and fold apple chunks
- Mix the batter until fully combined
- Pour into the greased loaf pan and bake for 30 minutes, turning halfway
- Add slices apples on top for a nice design on top. These apples with bake through as the loaf is baking
- If the loaf needs more time, keep checking every few minutes to ensure it doesn’t overbake
- Last but not least, remove from the oven once a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool before slicing!
- If you liked this Cinnamon Apple Loaf recipe, you should try my : carrot cake breakfast bars, oatmeal raisin granola clusters or pumpkin pie baked oatmeal
- It is key to let the flax egg sit before adding in so that it creates the texture an egg would provide.
- You can sub the flax eggs for real eggs if desired!
- Modifications : you can add nutmeg / pumpkin pie spice to add a different dimension to the cinnamon flavor