these keto french toast sticks are the perfect breakfast for when you're craving something sweet. they're healthy, use simple ingredients and are easy to make!
i loved eating french toast as a kid. but as i got older, i started to lose interest. however, i started making these baked keto french toast sticks and i am hooked again!
these french toast sticks don't have to be keto, i just love using keto bread for an indulgent treat like this.
however, one of the most important parts of making these french toast sticksis the bread you choose to use. keep reading to find out which breads are the best.
main ingredients used in this recipe
what is the best bread to use?
to keep this recipe keto, make sure to use a keto bread! i love to use this bread mix. another great option would be this bread.
the most important aspect to the bread you choose is that it is soft and will soak up the delicious egg mixture.
frequently asked questions
nope! you can use any bread that you'd like. make sure the bread you choose is soft and will soak up the egg mixture!
the other option to baking these french toast sticks in the oven is to sauté them on both sides in a saucepan.
keep in mind that you will have to watch this more closely! flip each french toast stick once one side is fully cooked and caramelized.
they should be golden and crispy. however, not burnt and warm throughout!
i love to add greek yogurt, a honey drizzle and fresh fruit! some other options are nut butters, nuts or granola.
store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days or freezer for 1 month.
- lemon ricotta pancakes
- pumpkin spice french toast (keto friendly)
- healthy banana protein muffins
- low calorie brownes (80 calories each!)
if you try this recipe, please consider leaving a rating and comment at the end of this blog post. it is incredibly helpful to my business and your fellow readers!
keto french toast sticks
- 4 slices keto bread
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ cup almond milk
- ½ tbsp pure maple syrup
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar / monk fruit sweetener for coating
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon for coating
- preheat the oven to 350 degrees F
- line a baking tray with aluminum foil then put a cooling rack on top. coat the cooling/baking rack with nonstick spray (be generous here!) to ensure that the french toast sticks don't get stuck to the rack.
- cut each slice of bread into strips (3-4 pieces) that are about 1 inch wide, ¾ inch thick and 3-4 inches long.
- in a wide, shallow dish add the eggs, milk, maple syrup, vanilla extract and cinnamon. whisk until fully combined.
- dip each bread stick into the egg mixture. coating it until the bread is soaked (but not drenched) and then shake off any excess.
- place on the baking rack and repeat for the remaining bread sticks.
- combine the coating sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl and sprinkle on the side of the french toast sticks that are facing up.
- only use ½ of the cinnamon sugar mixture, we will use the rest for the other side!
- bake for 10 minutes. remove from the oven, flip and coat the other side with the remaining cinnamon sugar mixture.
- put back into the oven for an additional 10 minutes
- remove from the oven when golden and warm throughout.
- top with your favorite toppings (see suggestions in FAQ)
Leave a Reply