this one bowl, vegan olive oil cake recipe is perfect when you don't have a ton of time but also want a decadent dessert. made with clean, healthy ingredients you could eat this every day.
the first time i tried an olive oil cake was when i was in miami...and i haven't been able to get it out of my mind since!
that vegan olive oil cake changed my life for the vetter. the olive oil makes this cake incredibly moist without overpowering the lemon flavor.
every time i make a baked treat with lemon, i remember why i love them so much. they are just so dang good!
this lemon olive oil cake recipe is no different. to be honest, it is one of the BEST lemon desserts that i have ever made or dare i say eaten?
- gluten free flour
- almond milk
- poppy seeds
frequently asked questions
have to? no. but highly recommend! it goes perfectly with the bright lemon flavor and creates the moist perfect, moist texture.
any granulated sugar or coconut sugar
store in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-5 days or freezer safe container for up to 1 month.
if you try this recipe, please consider leaving a rating and comment at the end of this blog post! it is incredibly helpful to my business and your fellow readers.
vegan olive oil cake with lemon
- ¼ cup monk fruit sweetener
- 1 lemon zest
- ½ lemon juice
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup almond milk unsweetened
- ½ cup almond flour
- ¼ cup gluten-free baking flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- preheat your oven to 350 degrees F
- put the monk fruit sweetener in a medium sized mixing bowl
- and in the bowl, zest one lemon and massage the zest into the monk fruit. this releases the lemon oils, infusing the lemon flavor into the sugar
- add in the olive oil, almond milk, lemon juice and mix until fully combined
- add in the flours, baking powder and baking soda
- mix the batter until fully combined
- spray the oven-safe mini ramekins with coconut oil spray
- split the batter into the two mini ramekins and put into the oven. i place the ramekins on a baking sheet for easy in / out of the oven
- bake in the oven for 10 minutes then rotate 180 degrees
- bake for an additional 10 minutes or until golden brown on top (may vary depending on your oven)
- cool completely (i usually cool for 2+ hours), remove or eat straight from the ramekins and ENJOY!
Leave a Reply