with a whipped honey ricotta spread
lemon pancakes are the perfect breakfast, filled with tons of delicious flavor. from the lemon to the whipped honey ricotta topping, your taste buds will be in heaven.
this ricotta pancake recipe is the perfect brunch for spring time. the pancakes aren't overly sweet, which is why the honey in the whipped ricotta + maple syrup makes this the perfect brunch dish! the ricotta benefits this recipe in two ways: 1) it adds an amazing lightness to the batter and is a perfect complement to the refreshing lemon flavor!
ingredients used in this recipe
- gluten free flour
- poppy seeds
- almond milk
- vanilla extract
- maple syrup
frequently asked questions
yes! you can use your preferred milk, my favorite is almond milk because the flavor is subtle.
you can either use a squeeze bottle (like an empty ketchup bottle) if you have that on hand. if not, no worries! i typically make my pancakes using ¼ measuring cup and in one smooth pour have circular pancakes.
1. not overmixing the batter 2. letting the batter rest before cooking the pancakes and 3. cooking the pancakes with lots of love 🙂
related recipes for spring time
- lemon olive oil cake
- vegan carrot cake oatmeal
- easy spinach pesto sauce
- watermelon feta and basil pasta salad
if you try this recipe, please consider leaving a rating + comment. it is incredibly helpful to my business and to other readers!
lemon poppy seed ricotta pancakes
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup ricotta part-skim
- ¼ cup almond milk unsweetened
- 2 tsp vanilla
- ½ lemon juice
- 1 lemon zest
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup gluten-free flour
- 1 tbsp poppy seeds
whipped honey ricotta
- 1 cup ricotta part-skim
- 1 tbsp honey
- whisk eggs then add in remaining wet ingredients
- mix until fully combined
- add flour ⅓ cup at a time, mixing in between each portion
- zest your lemon and then add it into the better, don't mix again yet
- add in baking powder and poppy seeds
- mix until fully combined and then let the batter sit for 30 minutes
- while the batter is resting, start to heat up your griddle. i use a flat griddle because i find it easier to flip and avoid any sticking to a regular pan. however, if you only have a pan or prefer to use one, that's fine as well!
- once heated, spray the pan with non-stick spray
- use a ¼ cup to measure and scoop the pancake batter, giving each enough space on the pan. i like to leave about an inch between each pancake
- once little bubbles start to form on top, it is time to flip!
- repeat until all the batter is used up
whipped honey ricotta
- time to prepare the whipped honey ricotta!
- combine the honey and ricotta into a small mixing bowl and whisk until light and fluffy
- top your pancakes with this delicious spread and enjoy!
- cooking spray : my preference is coconut oil for sweet recipes like this
- topping suggestions : coconut, fresh blueberries, honey drizzle, maple syrup
- eat them while they're hot + fresh!