this healthy pancake recipe, low calorie and high protein is the perfect way to start your day. filled with nutritious and clean ingredients, this stack will keep you satisfied all morning long.
it's hard to have a bad day after having pancakes for breakfast. don't you agree?
one of the best parts about this pancake recipe is that it's made with clean ingredients so that you won't feel sluggish after! most people won't choose pancakes for breakfast because it's not "nutritious" but these are changing the healthy pancake game.
this healthy pancake recipe low calorie breakfast is high in protein and absolutely delicious. let's make it together!
main ingredients used in this recipe
frequently asked questions
my favorite protein powder to use in this recipe is the vegan power pro from 1st phorm
sub the protein powder with gluten free flour in a 1:1 ratio
using only clean and simple ingredients these have to be some of the healthiest pancakes you could ever have. when you can pronounce the ingredients and know what they are, you know it's a healthy recipe!
this will add rise to the pancakes when you make them. while the pancakes will still come out well and taste delicious if you don't rest the batter...but we want a fluffy pancake!
maple syrup, honey, nuts, nut butter, regular butter, fresh fruit, frozen fruit and anything else you can think of!
related recipes using bananas
if you try this recipe, please consider leaving a rating and comment at the end of this blog post. it is both incredibly helpful to my business and your fellow readers!
healthy pancake recipe low calorie and tasty
- 1 banana mashed
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 serving vanilla protein powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tbsp ground cinnamon
- heat your skillet over low-medium heat
- mash your banana and mix with the eggs and vanilla extract in a small mixing bowl
- add in the protein powder, baking powder and cinnamon
- mix until fully combined and let sit for about 5 minutes
- after 5 minutes, let's start to make pancakes!
- using a ¼ cup, pour the batter into circles in the pan. i always make 2 pancakes in each round
- flip each pancake once bubbles have formed
- keep making pancakes until you've used all of the batter
- top with sliced bananas, nuts, nut butter, maple syrup, honey or anything your heart desires.