banana protein mug cake is an indulgent recipe that you can have for dessert but is also healthy enough to make for breakfast! simple and easy to make using only clean ingredients.
a recipe that you can make for a healthy, filling breakfast or for dessert! it always amazes me how satisfied i am when making this for breakfast. there is nothing worse than making a recipe or meal and not being satisfied!
one of the best parts is that the entire single-serving recipe has 28.5 grams of protein. so, if you're working towards any fitness goals, eating this cake will actually help get you there!
last, but definitely not least, this indulgent and chocolate rich mug cake is simple to make that you can whip up in no time.
now let's get baking!
ingredients used in this recipe
key health benefits in this recipe
- protein powder : high quality, help hit your daily protein goals and may help reduce inflammation
- banana : rich in nutrients, may support digestive health and FULL of antioxidants (perfect in this recipe or as an easy, health snack)
frequently asked questions
yes! you can make as many servings as you want by multiplying the measured ingredients based off of how much you want to make.
i am working on a full cake recipe that is similar to this one but on a much larger scale! make sure you're signed up so you know when the recipe goes live!
add any toppings/ingredients that you'd like. this recipe is adaptable to your flavor preferences. some suggested toppings are banana slices, fresh fruit, chocolate chips, peanut butter or a honey drizzle. the limit really doesn't exist!
you can make this recipe vegan friendly by using a vegan protein powder, one of my favorite's is this protein powder from 1st phorm. the only other thing you'll need to do is use a flax egg instead of a regular egg.
a flax egg is 1 tbsp of ground flax seed mixed with 2 tbsp of water. let the mixture sit for 5-10 minutes before adding into the batter. this will allow the mixture to thicken and act as an egg!
yes! i suggest making this no sooner than the night before you plan to eat it but it is best when eaten fresh!
i haven't tested this recipe in the microwave yet but i am on it and will update you all here when i have.
related recipes that are single-serving
- healthy high-protein brownie recipe
- vegan carrot cake oatmeal
- single serving apple crisp
- pumpkin protein pancakes
if you try this recipe, please consider leaving a rating + comment! it is incredibly helpful to my business and to other readers.
banana protein mug cake using chocolate protein powder
- 1 large and oven-safe ramekin / mug / bowl
- 1 banana mashed
- 1 egg
- 1 serving chocolate protein powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp unsweetened cacao powder
- preheat your oven to 350 degrees F
- mash the banana and whisk in the egg
- add in the chocolate protein powder, baking soda, baking powder, cacao powder and vanilla extract
- mix until fully combined
- spray your large ramekin/oven safe dish with coconut oil spray
- pour the batter into the dish
- bake in the oven for 15-18 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean. keep an eye out that the dish isn't too close to the top of your oven. this can cause the top of the cake to get too crisp or burn
- let cool for 5-10 minutes and enjoy!