these healthy reeses cups are healthy and an easy snack or dessert option. being high in protein, they will keep you full while satisfying your sweet cravings.
one of the best treats to ever exist are reese's peanut butter cups! peanut butter and chocolate is a match made in heaven.
however, when i'm on a fitness kick or focusing on reaching specific healthy goals, grabbing a peanut butter cup isn't my best option.
that's why i invented this healthy version! using only a couple of ingredients, they're easy to make, good for you and still absolutely delicious.
ingredients used in this recipe
frequently asked questions
i use a muffin tin and cupcake liners to make the classic peanut butter cup shape!
yes! use your preferred choice of chocolate chips for this recipe and it will come out the same.
these are healthier and use cleaner ingredients than your typical reese's peanut butter cups. by using pb2, this recipe is low in calories and high in protein making it a healthy, good-for-you snack or dessert.
related recipes for a healthy snack or dessert
- chocolate coconut date balls
- easy and healthy cinnamon sugar toast
- low calorie brownies
- nut and seed granola bars
if you try this reeses peanut butter cups gluten free recipe, please consider leaving a rating + comment! it is incredibly helpful to my business and to your fellow readers.
healthy reeses peanut butter cups (gluten free and vegan)
- ½ cup peanut butter powder i use trader joe's brand but any will work!
- 1 cup water to be mixed with the pb powder
- ¼ cup chocolate chips melted, i use enjoy life brand semi-sweet chocolate chips but you can use anything you want
- get a cupcake tin and line 6 cups with cupcake holders
- mix the peanut butter powder with water until you get a perfect peanut butter consistency
- pour the peanut butter mixture into the cupcake tins and place in the freezer to set (about 30 minutes)
- once the peanut butter is set, melt the chocolate (I just use a microwave) and pour in an even layer on top of the peanut butter
- put the pb cups back in the freezer for about 20 minutes until the chocolate is set
- let the pb cups sit to soften for a couple of minutes and enjoy!