who’s ready to get a boost of energy from these chocolate coconut date balls?! i’ve been having these EVERY. SINGLE. NIGHT. since i made them, i seriously can’t stop! whenever i used to see energy ball recipes online, i used to just think “they have so many calories” and the BIG question “do they even give you energy?” and i can come to you today that yes, they do give you energy and they don’t have to have 300+ calories! amazing right?
now, all you have to do is keep reading then make these babies!
this recipe only has THREE ingredients, each providing a unique layer of flavor! the dates are not only delicious but contain tons of nutritional benefits as well. two of the best aspects to dates are their anti-oxidant properties as well as improving brain functionality. who doesn’t want that?
the nut + seed spread that i use is 100000% necessary to get the same flavor as the ones i made. i use nuttzo’s chocolate power fuel s[read because it’s naturally filled with tons of nuts + seeds that are not only good for me but delicious as well. not only is this spread amazing, i am OBSESSED with all of their other spreads. and guess what?! if you use the code FEASTY10 you will get 10% off your order!
the last ingredient, coconut, adds a delicious layer of flavor to the chocolate spread and dates. trust me, you don’t want to skip out on adding it in! i like to also roll the date energy balls in the coconut flakes to ensure the coconut flavor doesn’t get lost plus it adds a nice crunch! with that, you have the coconut in the mixture as well as on the outside. simply delicious!
enough teasing, let’s get to the recipe!
chocolate coconut date energy balls
- food processer
- baking tray
- 1 cup dates pitted
- 1 cup nuttzo chocolate spread
- 1/2 cup coconut
- 1/4 cup coconut save for rolling the date balls
- ensure that all of your dates are pitted and split them in half if they aren't already
- put the dates and nuttzo chocolate power fuel spread in the food processor
- pulse consistently until you get a smooth texture then add in the coconut flakes
- pulse a few more times to give it a good mix without making the coconut completely disappear
- grab a baking tray and line with parchment paper
- start to roll the mixture into ball shapes
- once finished, roll all or as many as you want in the remaining coconut flakes for a nice outside crunch!
- let set in the fridge for about 30 minutes then enjoy!
- texture : the date energy balls have a fudgy texture, perfect for a sweet snack, breakfast on-the-go or dessert
- flavor : healthy nutella flavor encompasses these chocolate coconut date balls due to the chocolate power fuel spread and then enhanced with the coconut and date flavors mixed in
- quick and easy to make without sacrificing flavor – for those on-the-go or relaxing at home
- the nuttzo spread is necessary to achieve the best flavor and texture, however, any nut butter to fit your dietary + personal preference will work
- don’t forget to use this link or the code FEASTY10 to get 10% off your nuttzo order!
- store in a sealed container in the refrigerator to keep fresh!
- if you liked this recipe, you will also like my almond joy overnight oats and my homemade nut + seed bars