healthy and tasty chocolate coconut date balls are the perfect bite. an easy recipe to make ahead of time for a snack during the day or to have as a nutritious treat at night.
chocolate coconut date balls are the perfect snack when you're craving something sweet. they're so good that they could be your dessert at the end of a long day.
however, they are made with only clean ingredients so they are also a great energy booster to have midday or before a workout! an easy and tasty recipe to add into your weekly food prep.
you only need three ingredients to make these chocolate coconut date balls. each ingredient adds a unique layer of flavor as well as many nutritional benefits.
- nut butter (i use nuttzo's chocolate power fuel spread is filled with tons of nuts + seeds. if you want to try this product, use the code FEASTY10 you will get 10% off your order!)
- medjool dates
- coconut chips, unsweetened
frequently asked questions
yes! you can use any nut butter that you have on hand. if you have hazelnut spread, that will resemble the same flavor of the one that i use. however, you can also use any other spread. keep in mind that this will change the flavor but still be delicious.
100 calories in each date ball
yes! using only three simple and clean ingredients this recipe is great if you're trying to reach certain fitness and health goals.
- nut and seed bars
- healthy low calorie brownies
- healthy almond joy overnight oats
- small batch chocolate cake
if you try these chocolate coconut date balls, please consider leaving a rating and comment! it is extremely helpful to my business as well as to other readers on my website.
chocolate coconut date energy balls
- food processer
- baking tray
- 1 cup dates pitted
- 1 cup nuttzo chocolate spread
- ½ cup coconut chips
- ¼ cup coconut chips, finely chopped save for rolling the date balls
- ensure that all of your dates are pitted and split them in half if they aren't already
- put the dates and nuttzo chocolate power fuel spread in the food processor
- pulse consistently until you get a smooth texture then add in the coconut flakes
- pulse a few more times to give it a good mix without making the coconut completely disappear
- grab a baking tray and line with parchment paper
- start to roll the mixture into ball shapes
- once finished, roll all or as many as you want in the remaining coconut flakes for a nice outside crunch!
- let set in the fridge for about 30 minutes then enjoy!
Yum! This looks delicious.
Thank you so much! I hope you like the recipe 🙂
Yum! Looks delicious.
Thank you so much! Hope you like the recipe 🙂