almond joy candy bar turned healthy! almond joy overnight oats are an easy, nutritious and delicious recipe to start the day. from the chocolate to the coconut, it is a match made in heaven paired with the almond slivers.
who doesn't love to start their day with a little bit of chocolate? this almond joy overnight oats recipe is a healthy way for you to have chocolate for breakfast. i have never made overnight oats before creating this recipe. i have always been a skeptic when it came to overnight oats. would the texture be good and the most important question, would i even like it?
but oh boy...this recipe came out SO GOOD! it tastes exactly like eating an almond joy but, the only difference is that it's good for you! zero guilt, all pleasure. the coconut and chocolate create the perfect flavor combination within the overnight oats. adding the slivered almonds, adds the perfect crunch to a creamy dish.
frequently asked questions
you can keep these overnight oats in the fridge for up to 5 days if in an airtight container.
not at all! in fact, this recipe wouldn't be too different if you omitted them from the recipe. i tend to add them more for the nutritional benefit rather than the textural impact they have.
don't use quick oats to make overnight oats as they are so small and won't be able to withstand the almond milk and other ingredients in this recipe. best to use regular rolled oats whenever making overnight oatmeal.
- nut and seed bars
- cinnamon raisin overnight oats
- high-protein banana muffins
- peaches and cream baked oatmeal
if you try this recipe, please consider leaving a rating + comment below at the end of this blog post
almond joy overnight oats
- 1.5 cups rolled oats
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3 tbsp dark chocolate morsels enjoy life is my favorite brand
- 2 cups almond milk unsweetened
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 3 tbsp almond slices / slivers for mason jar mixture
- 1 tbsp almond slices / slivers for topping (use this amount per bowl made)
- 1 tbsp coconut flakes for topping (use this amount per bowl made)
- get a large mason jar out, this is where you will put and mix all of your ingredients
- add in the almond milk, vanilla extract and maple syrup on top
- mix it all together with a spoon
- put the mason jar top on and give it a little shake to finish combining all the ingredients
- once all the ingredients are fully combined, put the mason jar in the fridge overnight (8 hours)
- when it's ready, give it a mix then serve yourself a big bowl of these almond joy overnight oats!
- don't forget to top with extra almonds + coconut flakes to enhance the almond joy flavor