nut and seed granola bars are a true masterpiece. an easy, tasty recipe that uses wholesome ingredients. a must-make recipe to have on hand throughout the week (meal-prep friendly).
have you been looking for a good breakfast bar that doesn't have a long list of ingredients? i used to spend way too much time at the grocery store reading long ingredient lists trying to find the healthiest bar. luckily, this nut and seed granola bars came to the rescue. these bars are made with clean, REAL ingredients and naturally sweetened with honey.
frequently asked questions
using clean, whole ingredients these bars are the healthiest ones out there. not only that but they keep me energized throughout the morning without having to reach for extra snacks before lunch!
yes, it's pretty simple just following the steps laid out below. it may seem complicated to be making your own granola bars at home but you'll soon find out how easy it is. and once you taste the bars...you will want to make them all of the time!
many people use corn syrup or brown rice syrup but the absolute BEST option (and healthiest) is to use honey. and that's exactly what we'll be using in this recipe. not to mention, the delicious flavor honey adds to the other ingredients.
related recipes using clean ingredients
- breakfast banana split, high-protein and tasty breakfast recipe
- chocolate coconut date balls
- chocolate fudge balls using avocado and bananas
if you try this recipe, please consider leaving a rating and comment at the end of this blog post
nut and seed bars
- ¼ cup quinoa
- ½ cup raw almonds
- ½ cup cashews
- ¼ cup shredded coconut
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- ¼ cup raw pumpkin seeds
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- preheat the oven to 400 degrees F
- add your quinoa, almonds and cashews to a baking tray and toast for 15 minutes, turning halfway through
- let cool after removing from the oven. decrease the oven temperature to 350 degrees F
- once those are cooled, add the mixture to a bowl with the rest of the ingredients, except for the honey and cinnamon
- melt the honey in the microwave for 30 seconds
- remove from the microwave and stir in the cinnamon to create a cinnamon honey mixture
- mix until combined then pour over the dry ingredients
- mix it all together until fully combined
- grab a s small, glass baking dish and spread the mixture in an even layer
- put back into the oven for a total of 20 minutes, turning halfway through
- remove from the oven and let cool before slicing
- slice and enjoy!
- texture : chewy with an amazing crunch factor
- flavor : nutty + delicious. the coconut with the toasted nuts add great dimensions to the bar
- perfect for breakfast during the week, especially when on-the-go
- sweetened with honey to keep the recipe refined sugar free
- no added ingredients, just nuts, seeds, honey and cinnamon to create a delicious and healthy breakfast bar (or for any other time of the day!)