this yogurt banana split is one of the most delicious and healthy desserts that you can also have for breakfast. full of nutritious ingredients and protein, this recipe will keep you full and satisfied.
this yogurt banana split recipe is the perfect way to get your daily dose of protein, carbs and healthy fats. BUT, you'll feel like you're eating dessert in every spoonful.
a breakfast that is simple to make and full of tasty flavors is a dream come true.. one of the best parts is that you can customize the flavors in this recipe to fit whatever you're craving!
if you're in the mood for chocolate, add some dark chocolate chips to the bowl. want a more light and refreshing flavor? add fresh fruit and a light honey drizzle.
below i share the exact ingredients i use and how i make this tasty yogurt banana split!
main ingredients used
frequently asked questions
yes! you can use your preferred yogurt in this recipe. i love to use a plain greek yogurt to avoid added sugars and greek yogurt is typically higher in protein than others.
cinnamon, nut butter drizzles, dried fruit, fresh fruit, honey/agave/maple syrup, chocolate chips, nuts and anything that your heart desires!
yes, of course! use your favorite vegan yogurt and vegan toppings and just like that you have a vegan breakfast banana split.
related breakfast recipes that are high-protein
- banana protein muffins
- healthy pancake recipe low calorie and high protein
- chocolate banana protein mug cake
- high protein egg bites
if you try this recipe, please consider leaving a rating + comment at the end of this blog post. it is incredibly helpful to my business and to your fellow readers!
breakfast banana split
toasted coconut honey granola (makes 4 servings)
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ½ cup coconut flakes i use bob's red mill unsweetened
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp honey melted for 30 seconds
breakfast banana split (1 serving)
- 1 cup greek yogurt i use 0% fat fage plain
- 3 strawberries rinsed + sliced
- ½ cup fresh blueberries rinsed
- 1 banana sliced in half
- honey drizzle on top
- preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (325 if you have a strong oven)
- in a large bowl, mix the rolled oats, melted honey, coconut flakes and vanilla until fully combined
- spread in an even layer on a baking sheet that is lined with parchment paper
- bake for 10 minutes then mix up the oats to avoid burning
- flatten in an even layer again and put in the oven for an additional 5 minutes
- remove from the oven and let cool
- once cooled, break up into chunks + pieces for the granola topping
breakfast banana split
- slice the banana in half and place in your desired bowl / plate
- top the banana with the greek yogurt, fruit and granola
- top it all of with the honey drizzle and ENJOY!