with only 50 calories, these protein egg bites are an easy, healthy and high-protein breakfast that you can make on the weekend and have throughout the week for those extra busy mornings.
we all have those days where we don't want to cook and rather just grab something and heat it in the microwave. however, when we think of heating food up in the microwave, we tend to think unhealthy. while it's tempting to grab a frozen meal, why not grab something made with clean ingredients and packed with protein?
with that in mind, i created these high protein egg bites. a recipe that you can make on a sunday and eat the week whenever you need it most. on the go? don't worry grab them and pop in the microwave for 30 seconds when you're ready to eat. don't feel like making an elaborate meal while at home? pop them in the microwave for 30 seconds, it's that easy! delicious recipes don't have to be complicated or take hours to make. all you need is 20 minutes!
ingredients used in these high protein egg bites
frequently asked questions
these egg bites are extremely healthy, using high quality ingredients and high in protein. this recipe uses both whole eggs as well as liquid egg whites to increase the amount of protein while also having healthy fats.
these egg bites will last 3-5 days in the refrigerator or up to 1 month in the freezer
you can do that! it will change the flavor because a delicious richness is added from the whole eggs. however, if you do want to do this, for each whole egg you will instead use ¼ cup of liquid egg whites. if you don't have liquid egg whites, 2 eggs using only the whites will replace the 4 whole eggs.
you can definitely add milk to this recipe but it is not needed! since these eggs are baked, they come out fluffy and full of moisture. not to mention, the goat cheese adds an amazing creaminess to each bite.
just heat in the microwave for 30 seconds and you are good to go! this is an easy breakfast or lunch to bring to work as well that requires no extra effort.
related recipes that use eggs
- banana protein muffins (using protein + eggs)
- pumpkin spice french toast (keto-friendly)
- my top 3 healthy breakfasts
if you try this recipe, please consider leaving a rating + comment at the end of this blog post
your five star review and comment will greatly help my business and other readers as well!
protein egg bites
- 4 eggs
- ¾ cup liquid egg whites
- ½ cup red pepper diced
- ½ cup kale shredded finely
- ½ cup goat cheese crumbled
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- preheat the oven to 350 degrees F
- grab a large mixing bowl and crack your 4 eggs into the bowl
- whisk until blended and then add in the liquid egg whites
- add the diced red pepper, shredded kale and crumbled goat cheese to the bowl
- mix until fully combined and add salt and pepper to taste
- grease your muffin pan with nonstick spray of your choice
- add ¼ cup of the egg bite mixture into each muffin tin, the recipe should make 10 muffins which is enough to have 2 for each day of the week
- bake for 15 minutes
- let cool slightly and enjoy!
- to save throughout the week: wrap each in foil or store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 7 days