vegan baked oats with a blueberry muffin twist! using protein powder, this recipe is a delicious, nutritious and filling way to start the day.
sometimes you're just craaaaving a good blueberry muffin. and that craving is totally valid and you should satisfy that craving when it hits! BUT, do you want to bake a whole batch of muffins?
sometimes i'm not in the mood to either. that's when i make this blueberry muffin baked oatmeal!
it's incredibly easy to make and eating it reminds me of a blueberry muffin. not only that, i add vegan protein powder to the recipe to add flavor and keep me full for a longer period of time. i hope you all enjoy this tasty and delicious baked oatmeal recipe as much as i do!
ingredients used to make vegan baked oats
health benefits of blueberries
blueberries are not only DELICIOUS but really good for you too. they support heart health, full of fiber, potassium and zero cholesterol.
blueberries really can do it all by supporting a healthy gut, promoting digestion and by keeping your belly full!
frequently asked questions
oatmeal is filled with tons of healthy fiber and nutrients. oats are a great way to fill your bellies and keep you fueled for a longer period of time.
fresh or frozen will work in this recipe! you don't need to do anything extra. i typically have frozen on hand so that is what i use.
i would recommend using honey instead of maple syrup for a similar consistency. however, if you prefer your oatmeal to not be as sweet, you can omit the maple syrup all together.
yes! you can make this recipe the night before and reheat it in the microwave the next day. store the baked oatmeal in a fridge, covered until you are ready to enjoy it!
related recipes using oats
if you try this recipe, please consider leaving a rating and comment at the end of this blog post! it is incredibly helpful to my business and your fellow readers.
blueberry muffin vegan baked oats
- ½ cup rolled oats
- 1 serving vegan vanilla protein powder optional
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ cup almond milk unsweetened
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup blueberries fresh or frozen
- preheat the oven to 400 degrees F
- in a large mixing bowl, add in the rolled oats, protein powder, baking powder and cinnamon
- mix until fully combined
- add in the almond milk, maple syrup and vanilla extract. mix again until fully combined
- fold in your blueberries
- transfer to an oven-safe bowl or dish and bake for 27-30 minutes
- once fully baked, you should be able to stick a toothpick in and come out clean
- let cool slightly (~5 minutes) and add your desired toppings! some of my favorite toppings are nut butters, extra blueberries, a honey drizzle and extra cinnamon!