pb and j overnight oats are the ultimate breakfast to have on hand when you're on the go or just want a tasty recipe that's easy to make. not only is pb and j a childhood favorite, but this recipe uses clean and nutritious ingredients to keep you satisfied and fueled for the day.
i don't know about you but i never was disappointed when i had a pb and j in my lunch box. this recipe is an inventive way to enjoy this childhood favorite.
luckily, this recipe is just as easy to make as a classic peanut butter and jelly sandwich. it's not always easy to make a nutritious breakfast that also tastes delicious. however, this recipe is just that and more! it's easy to make, delicious and perfect for bringing on-the-go.
all you need now are the ingredients below and you got yourself a heavenly breakfast!
- rolled oats
- vanilla protein powder
- almond milk
- chia seeds (optional)
- chunky peanut butter
- chia seed jam (recipe here!)
- maple syrup
- chia seeds
how to make overnight oats
at a minimum, all you need to make overnight oats are rolled oats and your favorite milk. i prefer to use almond milk but you can use any kind you like!
some other mix-ins that i use are protein powder, chia seeds, flax seeds and hemp seeds. these ingredients not only add more nutritional benefits but also help thicken the texture of the oats.
however, the most important part of making overnight oats is to let them sit long enough to thicken. i typically let my overnight oats sit in the fridge overnight. you can also let them sit for a minimum of 5 hours but overnight will give the best results!
frequently asked questions
i can't speak for other overnight oats recipes but this one and all of the others on my website are extremely healthy. with many different flavor profiles, i use clean ingredients to make both a delicious and nutritious recipe.
you can use any milk to make overnight oats but almond milk is my preference because it has a neutral flavor to any overnight oats recipe.
yes! this is why i love using a mason jar to make this recipe as i can shake them as much as i want after putting them in the fridge. just make sure that lid is on tight before you get to shaking!
yes! you mix and shake the overnight oats before putting in the fridge. you want to ensure all the oats are fully soaked with the mixture to have the best end result and flavor!
not necessary, you can add them to the overnight oats, however, they are only used in the chia seed jam for this recipe!
- cinnamon raisin overnight oats
- peaches & cream baked oatmeal
- almond joy overnight oats
- blueberry zucchini muffins
if you try the recipe, please consider leaving a rating and comment! it is a huge help not only to my business but to others that visit my website!
pb and j overnight oats
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 scoop protein powder linked above
- 2 cups almond milk unsweetened
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp peanuts for topping
- 2 tbsp crunchy peanut butter for topping
- 1 serving chia seed jam recipe linked above
- add the rolled oats, protein powder, almond milk and vanilla extract to a large mason jar or sealed container
- mix until fully combined and place in the fridge overnight
- make the chia seed jam recipe, linked here and let cool before using
- after the oats have set overnight, it's time to bring it all together.
- since the recipe makes two servings, scoop half of the oats mixture into the bowl and top with the crunchy peanut butter, peanuts and chia seed jam
- to add extra protein to the recipe you can also serve this with greek yogurt
- grab a spoon and enjoy!