healthy blueberry jam is an easy, delicious and nutritious recipe to substitute for a typical jam. it is perfect to have on it's own, on toast and added to breakfast bowls.
summer is in full swing and there is no better time than now to make some healthy blueberry jam to add to your toasts, oatmeal or even if you just want to eat it by the spoon!
this recipe is so easy, delicious AND healthy by using a chia seed jam!
chia seeds are all the rage these days and a key ingredient to what makes this recipe so perfect.
not only do they have great nutritional value to add to your daily diet but they also make the texture of this blueberry jam come together beautifully.
ingredients used in this keto jam recipe
- frozen fruit
- chia seeds
- maple syrup
frequently asked questions
i have tested this recipe with frozen strawberries as well as just mixed berries such as raspberries and blackberries as well. it works great and still tastes delicious!
you can substitute the maple syrup with honey or date syrup as both of those will create the same result. you will want to use a natural sugar to keep this recipe keto friendly.
you don't! it's just to add a little sweetness to the jam but it is just as delicious without it. if you prefer your jam to not be sweet then omit the maple syrup from the recipe. this will not affect the texture of the jam.
up to a week in a closed container, i typically use a mason jar
i love adding it to a stack of blueberry pancakes (see photo below and click the photo for the pancake recipe), in a PB&J, oatmeal, breakfast bowl or just on a piece of bread!
- pb and j overnight oats (featuring this keto jam recipe!)
- nut and seed bars using chia seeds
- gluten free shortbread cookies filled with chia seed jam
- almond joy overnight oats with chia seeds
when you remake my recipes, make sure to tag me on instagram so that i can share them on my page!
if you try this recipe, please consider leaving a rating and comment! it is extremely helpful to my business and to other readers who come across the recipe!
healthy blueberry jam using chia seeds
- 2 cups frozen blueberries or other frozen fruit
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- ½ lemon juice optional
- put a saucepan over medium heat and add in the frozen blueberries
- add ½ lemon squeeze, if desired
- add the maple syrup and chia seeds, mix until fully combined
- after the fruit softens, lower to simmer. consistently stir and mash the fruit to break it down
- cook until the mixture becomes a jam-like texture. let cool slightly and pour into a mason jar to store.
- enjoy by the spoonful, on toast or add it to recipes like my pb and j overnight oats recipe pictured above!