vegan carrot cake oatmeal is like having cake for breakfast. made with clean & nutritious ingredients, this single-serving oatmeal will keep you fueled and focused.
the perfect, easy breakfast that will keep you full and fueled all morning long! it's not secret that oatmeal wouldn't be extra delicious without delicious toppings.
HOWEVER, the oatmeal base in this recipe is full of delicious flavor on it's own. the oatmeal has carrots, vanilla extract, cinnamon and nutmeg to create a tasty bite.
in addition, there is no added sweetener in this oatmeal base (which is quite unique!) because the cooked carrots add sweetness naturally.
main ingredients used
- rolled oats
- shredded carrots
- golden raisins
frequently asked questions
rolled oats are among the healthiest grains on earth! it's a gluten free whole grain and a great source of important vitamins, minerals, fiber and antioxidants.
my preferred method is on the stove! this recipe doesn't take too much time and i find it is always more delicious than making in a microwave.
nope! they will soften as you cook them with the oats on the stovetop
related recipes that use oats and/or veggies!
- carrot cake breakfast bars
- cinnamon raisin overnight oats
- pb and j overnight oats
- blueberry zucchini muffins
if you try this vegan carrot cake oatmeal recipe, please consider leaving a rating and comment! it is incredibly helpful to my business and other readers.
vegan carrot cake oatmeal
- ¼ cup rolled oats
- ½ cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- ¼ cup golden raisins
- 2 tbsp shredded coconut
- 2 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 1 tbsp honey for drizzling on top
- add the rolled oats, shredded carrots and water to a small saucepan over high heat
- bring the water to boil then lower to simmer
- add in the vanilla extract, cinnamon and nutmeg
- stir consistently until the mixture thickens
- once the mixture is fully cooked, remove from heat and add the raisins
- transfer the oatmeal to a serving bowl and top with the shredded coconut, pumpkin seeds and honey drizzle
- feel free to add extra cinnamon for added flavor!
- grab a spoon and enjoy
Hi, I would like to know if you can bake this in the oven.....if so would the instructions be the same and what temperature/time to bake it?
I would bake at 400 degrees F for 25-30 min! I will have to test this next time as well 🙂