an easy and delicious brownie recipe that you can make in no time! this low calorie brownies recipe is the perfect, healthy sweet treat to end your day.
who doesn't love a good brownie? now, i am not one to restrict what to eat when i have these cravings. HOWEVER, there are times, when i'm focusing on eating clean foods and reaching certain fitness goals.
these brownies are my go-to when i'm craving something rich, indulgent and full of chocolate flavor. there are only 80 calories in each and absolutely zero guilt.
- organic canned pumpkin
- gluten-free flour
- almond flour
- unsweetened cacao powder
- monk fruit sweetener
- lily's dark chocolate baking chips
frequently asked questions
these brownies use clean ingredients that aren't always found in a brownie. this most obvious is the canned pumpkin. the pumpkin puree replaces the oil/butter and egg that would typically be used in a brownie recipe.
if you don't have monk fruit sweetener, you can use any other low calorie sweetener. if those aren't an option, you can use any other granulated sugar such as organic cane sugar and coconut sugar.
do keep in mind those sugars will increase the total calories of the recipe.
store the brownies in an airtight container for up to 5 days or freeze for up to 1 month
related recipes using pumpkin
- pumpkin protein pancakes (vegan friendly)
- bakery style pumpkin muffins (gluten free)
- gluten-free pumpkin snickerdoodle cookies
- white chocolate pumpkin bars with macadamia nuts
- pumpkin spice french toast (keto friendly)
don't forget to follow me on instagram! when you make one of my recipes, be sure to tag me on there so that i can share it 🙂
if you try this low calorie brownies recipe, please consider leaving a rating and comment. it is extremely helpful to my business and to other readers!
low calorie brownies recipe using pumpkin
- 1 15 oz can pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup monk fruit sweetener
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup gluten-free flour
- ¼ cup almond flour
- ¼ cup unsweetened cacao poweder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- dark chocolate baking chips use your heart to measure 🙂
- preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line an 8x8 pan with parchment paper
- add the pumpkin puree, monk fruit sweetener and vanilla extract to a large mixing bowl
- once fully combined, add in the gluten free flour, almond flour, unsweetened cacao powder, baking soda and baking powder. mix until combined
- fold in the dark chocolate baking chips
- coat the parchment paper with nonstick spray and pour the batter into the pan
- spread in an even layer and top with additional chocolate chips
- bake in the oven for 30 minutes, rotating the pan 180 degrees halfway through
- let cool, slice and enjoy!