copycat paula deen pumpkin bars are the ultimate pumpkin dessert! these bars come with a twist by using white chocolate throughout the batter and on top.
these are one of the best pumpkin treats that you will come across all season! when you bite into the pumpkin bar, the texture is light and fluffy. and the flavor? it's immaculate!
white chocolate chips are mixed throughout the batter and on top before baking. the pumpkin spice is strong without being too overpowering. the two flavors mix perfectly together.
keep reading to find out what ingredients you need and how to make these delicious white chocolate chip pumpkin bars.
- gluten free flour
- buckwheat flour
- pumpkin puree
- granulated sugar
- ground cinnamon
- ground nutmeg
- pumpkin pie spice
- white chocolate chips
what's special about these pumpkin bars?
- it's got PUMPKIN!
- a cross between a bread and cake texture (not too heavy but not airy)
- delicious cinnamon and nutmeg flavors
- rich, deliciousness from the white chocolate chips throughout the batter
- you can eat it in your hand without a fork!
how to make pumpkin bread bars
- preheat the oven to 350 degrees F
- mix all of your wet ingredients together in a large mixing bowl
- add in your dry ingredients one by one, mixing until combined each time
- fold in the white chocolate chips
- spread in an even layer into a square, 8x8 baking dish (greased and lined with parchment paper)
- add the remaining white chocolate chips on top
- bake at 350 degrees F for ~30 minutes
- let cool and enjoy!
ingredient substitution suggestions (if needed)
- sugar substitution - you can replace both the regular granulated sugar with monk fruit sugar if desired
- egg substitution - to make the recipe vegan/plant-based, replace the egg with a flax egg
- butter substitutions - you may replace with vegan butter to cater to your personal preferences
- flour substitutions - substitute with regular all-purpose flour if preferred. this recipe has not been tested with almond, coconut or oat flours.
frequently asked questions
yes! you can use regular all purpose flour in this recipe to replace the gluten free and buckwheat flour at a 1:1 ratio.
takes less than 15 minutes to whip up this batter and it's ready to go in the oven.
you know the bars are done baking when the edges are golden and a toothpick comes out of the center clean.
yes! you can get creative with the mix-ins. you can use other types of chocolate chips, nuts and anything else you want to experiment with. most mix-ins will not change the final result of the pumpkin bars.
store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days.
related recipes using pumpkin
- buckwheat pumpkin bread
- low calorie brownies using pumpkin
- bakery style pumpkin muffins
- gluten free pumpkin snickerdoodles
if you try this recipe, please consider leaving a rating and comment at the end of this blog post! it is incredibly helpful to my small business and to your fellow readers.
the best white chocolate chip pumpkin bars
- ½ cup salted butter softened
- 1 egg
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- ½ tbsp vanilla extract
- ½ cups gluten-free flour
- ¾ cup buckwheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ½ cup white chocolate chips for in batter
- ¼ cup white chocolate chips for topping
- preheat the oven to 350 degrees F
- line a 8x8 baking tray with parchment paper and spray with non-stick spray
- in a large mixing bowl, add all of the wet ingredients and whisk until combined
- add the dry ingredient mixture to the wet ingredients slowly and then fold together until just combined
- add in the white chocolate chips
- pour the batter into the tray and spread in an even layer
- top the batter with the ¼ cup of white chocolate chips
- put into the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes, rotating halfway through the baking time
- remove from the oven and let cool for at least 1 hour before slicing
- once cooled, slice and enjoy!