these healthy, bakery style pumpkin muffins are perfect to have on your table thanksgiving morning or really any morning now that i think about it. not only are they DELICIOUS but good for you too.
why make these pumpkin muffins?
who doesn't love a little extra pumpkin in their life? especially to start their day with some pumpkin muffins.
whether it's thanksgiving morning or a random day during the week. these are going to be a crowd pleaser.
especially on thanksgiving, but baked goods in general can be filling and make you feel heavy. but not these muffins!
no guilt, just a delicious morning treat! these muffins don't have any processed sugar and are gluten-free friendly.
make these muffins are the best way to start your day this fall and winter. whether you prefer a healthier treat or something more indulgent, this satisfies both cravings.
even though these muffins use healthier ingredients, they're just as delicious as a bakery style pumpkin muffin.
main ingredients used in this recipe
frequently asked questions
these muffins have 130 calories in each
yes! you can freeze these muffins up to a month as well as for up to 7 days in a container in the refrigerator
yes, just make sure to not purchase pumpkin pie filling as that has additional ingredients
the baking powder as well as the eggs will make these have the ultimate fluff-factor
you could but i wouldn't suggest it if you want your muffins to remain fluffy. oil may produce a more dense muffin
- brummel & brown yogurt spread (butter) - you can use regular butter or vegan butter as a substitute
- egg - can be made vegan using a flax egg (1 tbsp ground flax seed mixed with 2 tbsp water)
- flour - the gluten free flour can be substituted for regular flour. this recipe has not been tested with almond flour, coconut flour or oat flour and will most likely result in a different consistency.
if you try this recipe, please consider leaving a rating and comment at the end of this blog post! it is incredibly helpful to my business and your fellow readers.
bakery style pumpkin muffins (gluten-free)
- 1 cup gluten-free flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 can organic canned pumpkin puree
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup brummel & brown yogurt spread softened
- ¼ cup monk fruit sweetener
- preheat 350 degrees F
- mix all of your dry ingredients in a medium sized bowl
- add in the wet ingredients one at a time, mixing until fully combined
- chill the dough in the fridge for 30 min - 2 hours (the longer the better!)
- mix the coating sugar and pumpkin pie spice in a small dish
- remove the cookie dough from the fridge and scoop ~ 1 tbsp balls
- roll the balls in the coating mixture and place about 2 inches apart on a baking tray lined with parchment paper
- bake for 6-8 minutes depending on your oven (mine take closer to 8 min)
- let cool slightly (or not!) before taking a bite and ENJOY!