low carb french toast with pumpkin spice is a game changer for those who love carbs but eat a low carb diet! they're healthy, delicious and easy to make.
this pumpkin spice french toast recipe is the EPITOME of all things fall. is that too big of a statement...? personally, i don't think so and i don't think you will either after you try it.
to be honest, i haven't been a huge fan of french toast,i always go for pancakes or waffles when it comes down to my brunch order.
but now, i think i might start ordering french toast...this recipe is that good!
main ingredients in this recipe
- vanilla extract
- pumpkin spice
- maple syrup
what bread do i use in this recipe?
this healthy french toast recipe features scotty's everyday bread mix. it's so simple to make, delicious and good for you too! didn't think bread could be keto friendly?
well think again because they are changing the bread game. as a huge bread lover myself, this loaf does not disappoint so i highly recommend that you all give it a try!
carb lovers, keto-friendly and all of you in between will find this bread tasty on it's own and perfect in this recipe.
it's neutral flavor is the perfect vessel to capture all of the delicious pumpkin, cinnamon and nutmeg flavors.
frequently asked questions
a keto diet consists of only eating food/meals that are low in carbohydrates but high in protein
this recipe is keto-friendly because it uses a keto-focused brand called scotty's everyday. to make this bread they use high protein and low carb ingredients. you can look at the full ingredient list, here!
the mixture consists of beaten eggs with almond milk and cinnamon
related recipes using pumpkin
- pumpkin snickerdoodle cookies
- low calorie brownies
- pumpkin protein pancakes
- bakery style pumpkin muffins
- white chocolate pumpkin bars
if you try this recipe, please consider leaving a rating and comment at the end of this blog post! it is incredibly helpful to my business and your fellow readers.
pumpkin spice french toast
pumpkin spice french toast
- 1 package scotty's everyday keto bread mix 4 slices for this recipe
- ⅓ cup canned pumpkin
- ¼ cup almond milk
- ½ tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- ¼ cup fage greek yogurt
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- sprinkle of cinnamon
- make the scotty's everyday bread mix according to the package directions
- once baked, cooled and sliced, you will need 4 slices of bread for this recipe (1 serving)
- in a medium size bowl, mix together the pumpkin, almond milk, egg, vanilla extract, cinnamon and nutmeg
- whisk until fully combined
- heat a saute pan over medium heat and spray with non-stick spray
- while the pan is heating start to soak each slice of bread in the french toast mixture
- the bread slices should be fully coated on both sides and press slightly so that the mixture can absorb it fully (~2 to 3 minutes for each slice)
- by now the saute pan should be heated. put on the first two slices of bread that are coated in the french toast mixture (or more slices if you have the space!)
- don't flip until fully cooked and slightly browned/crisp on the first side
- flip and cook to the same degree on the other side
- once fully cooked and browned on both sides, remove from the pan