blueberry cake donuts are the perfect summer treat. these donuts are not only gluten free but incredibly delicious and easy to make! great for a tasty breakfast, even when on the go!
these cake donuts are not only delicious but good for you too. they're made with simple, clean ingredients so that you feel energized and not sluggish after eating them.
one of the best parts about this recipe is that it's soooo easy to make. you can whip these up in about 20 minutes (or less the more you make them) and only take about 10 minutes to bake.
with that said, you're only 30 minutes away from enjoying these DELICIOUS donuts!
main ingredients used in this recipe
nutrail blueberry cinnamon keto granola
this keto granola is perfect when you want a crunch without all the extra carbs. granola can get a bad rep but this one is changing the game. not only is it delicious, i feel good eating it and energized afterwards! the healthy carbs and fat in this granola keep me full and satisfied.
NuTrail crushed it with the flavor and texture components of this granola. it adds the perfect crunch to these blueberry donuts but you can also use it in many other ways! some of my favorite ways to use this granola is with yogurt, oatmeal or on it's own with some almond milk.
health benefits of blueberries
- full of antioxidants
- may help heart health, blood pressure and skin health
- one cup of blueberries provides about 25% of the recommended daily vitamin c needs
- a healthy, sweet treat that is perfect for the summer as a nutritious snack/dessert
frequently asked questions
of course! the more donuts the merrier. i just like to make smaller batches for myself 🙂
yes! substitute fresh for frozen if that's preferred. it should be noted that your batter will turn blue/purple from the frozen berries.
yes, the result will be the same.
you can use any ziploc bag, fill it with the batter and then cut the corner to pipe your donuts.
if there are any left you can store in an airtight container for up to 3 days!
related recipes using fruit
- blueberry muffin baked oatmeal
- lemon pancakes using ricotta
- baked apple donuts
- lemon olive oil cake
- keto chia seed jam
if you try this recipe, please consider leaving a rating and comment at the end of this blog post! it is incredibly helpful to my business and your fellow readers.
blueberry cake donuts
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup gluten free flour
- ½ cup almond flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ⅓ cup blueberries
- preheat the oven to 350 degrees F
- combine the eggs, maple syrup and vanilla into a large mixing bowl
- mix until fully combined then add the flours, baking powder and mix again
- fold the blueberries into the batter
- transfer the batter to a piping bag are you ziploc if you don't have a piping bag
- spray a donut pan with nonstick (my preferred for baking is coconut oil spray)
- cut the tip of the piping bag and start to fill each donut mold until halfway filled
- top with the Nutrail Blueberry Cinnamon Keto Granola for an extra crunch
- bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes, donuts will rise and a good test is using a toothpick. it will come out clean when fully baked
- let cool slightly and enjoy!