vegan apple cider donuts
vegan apple cider donuts are made with clean ingredients and only 100 calories! thanks to this delicious baked apple donuts recipe, you can stay on track with your goals and enjoy a fall favorite.
this is one of many fall recipes to be left on my kitchen counter for my family to devour. it’s safe to say that apple donuts are by far one of the most popular fall treats that we all look forward to.
you usually have to drive far to get some apple donuts but with this recipe…you just have to get to your kitchen!
these gluten free vegan apple cider donuts are incredibly easy to make, light but not airy and absolutely delicious.
why i love these gluten free apple cider donuts
there are so many things to love about this recipe but i’ll name just a few!
- no processed sugar and no butter
- gluten-free friendly
- simple ingredients you can find anywhere
- no baking skills needed!
- adaptable to your favorite fruits
frequently asked questions
you can use a muffin tin if you don’t have a specific pan for donuts. this blog post explains how to use a muffin tin to make a donut shape!
my favorite apples to use in the fall but you can make any apple work for this recipe
store the donuts in an airtight container for up to 5 days or in the freezer for up to 1 month
related recipes for fall/winter months
- gluten free apple cider donuts
- apple cider donut bread
- spiced apple crumble
- healthy cornbread muffins
- blueberry zucchini muffins
- single-serving apple crisp (perfect for fall!)
- pumpkin protein pancakes (low calorie and vegan friendly)
if you try this recipe, please consider leaving a rating and comment. it is not only extremely helpful to my business but also to other readers who want to try the recipe.
vegan apple cider donuts
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup applesauce, unsweetened
- 2 tbsp apple cider
- 1/2 tbsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup monk fruit sweetener
- 1 1/4 cup gf flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 small apple, diced in tiny chunks
cinnamon sugar mixture
- 1 tbsp monk fruit sweetener
- 1/2 tbsp cinnamon, ground
for the donuts
- preheat your oven to 350 degrees F
- whisk your eggs then add in the remaining wet ingredients
- mix until fully combined
- add in your monk fruit sweetener and mix until combined
- add in the remaining dry ingredients one at a time until they are all fully combined
- fold in the tiny apple chunks until evenly throughout the batter (see link below for accurate size of apple chunks)
- spray your donut pan with nonstick spray / method of choice
- use a ziploc bag and scoop all of your batter into it
- cut one corner of the ziploc bag to evenly squeeze the donut batter into the pan, it should make six donuts
- bake for 12-15 minutes depending on your oven. mine took closer to 12 as it is on the stronger side. your donuts should be cooked through and slightly golden on top
- let cool for ~30 minutes then remove from the pan
for the cinnamon sugar coating
- mix the monk fruit sweetener + cinnamon
- roll your donuts in the mixture