no butter, no gluten and refined-sugar free healthy cornbread muffins! the perfect recipe to make for breakfast, an easy (& delicious) snack or a part of your dinner spread
in my opinion, cornbread is an underrated fall food. it flies under the radar but whenever it's made people LOVE it! sometimes cornbread can get a bad rep for being dry or not having enough flavor. this recipe is here to prove both of those statements wrong! by using greek yogurt and honey, this recipe is able to retain moistness. in addition, the honey adds a unique flavor and sweetness to the muffin.
ingredients used in healthy cornbread muffins
frequently asked questions
cornmeal gives the muffins an amazing color and flavor but having too much compared to the other ingredients can cause them to be crumbly. make sure to be using the accurate measurements for the best results!
i store mine in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days. the freezer would last much longer (~1 month)
yes! you don't want it to fall all apart, although it will still taste delicious... 🙂
- healthy, bakery style pumpkin muffin recipe
- baked apple donut recipe
- banana protein muffins (paleo friendly)
- blueberry zucchini muffins (gluten-free)
if you try this recipe, please consider leaving a rating and comment. it is not only extremely helpful to my business but to your fellow readers!
healthy cornbread muffins
- large mixing bowl
- muffin tin
- muffin wrappers
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ⅛ cup almond milk
- 3 tbsp honey
- ¼ cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 cup cornmeal
- ¼ cup gluten-free flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- mix all of your wet ingredients together
- add in your dry ingredients on at a time, mixing until fully combined between each
- fold all ingredients together until fully combined with a smooth texture
- place muffin wrappers in the muffin tin (you will need 6)
- add ~⅓ cup of the batter into each muffin tin
- bake for 15 minutes, turning 180 degrees halfway through
- when a toothpick comes out clean and the muffins are a golden color on top, remove them from the oven
- let the muffins cool slightly and enjoy!
Can’t wait to try this one. So perfect for fall!