this better for you, healthy spiced apple crumble is the perfect way to enjoy a fall favorite. hassle-free, extremely delicious and no excess leftovers!
one of the most popular fall activities to do is apple picking. and guess what comes right after apple picking?! APPLE CRISP!
however, sometimes, you don't want to make a whole apple crisp or you might only have a few apples left. so... what are you going to do?
you're going to make this single-serving spiced apple crumble.
all you need is one apple to make this recipe. no more going to the store to buy 6 apples to make a massive apple crisp. those days are over! unless you're feeding a big group of course...
the perfect sized ramekin to use when making this recipe is like the one linked here. (P.S. you can use my code FEASTYTRAVELS10 on that link to save some money on your purchase!)
the last important factor of this recipe, is that it is GOOD FOR YOU TOO! you don't have to feel guilty eating the whole recipe and not because it's one serving.
this recipe uses the cleanest of ingredients, gluten-free flour and no processed sugar. now that is what i call a win-win!
main ingredients used
frequently asked questions
if you don't have a mini ramekin, you can also use a small, oven-safe bowl to make and enjoy this treat.
that is totally okay! multiple the ingredients by the amount of servings you want to make and either make them all in individual ramekins or adjust to an oven safe dish to fit it all.
use regular granulated sugar if you don't want to use/don't have monk fruit sweetener
yes! regular all purpose flour will work just as well. i don't recommend using almond, oat or coconut flour as that will change the texture.
store in an airtight container for up to 3 days in the fridge or freezer for a month.
- gluten free apple cider donuts
- low calorie brownies (using pumpkin)
- healthy protein chocolate mousse
- whipped honey ricotta spread
if you try this recipe, please consider leaving a rating and comment at the end of this blog post. it is incredibly helpful to my business and your fellow readers.
spiced apple crumble (single-serving)
- 1 tbsp brummel & brown yogurt spread softened
- 2 tbsp monk fruit sweetener golden
- ¼ cup rolled oats
- 3 tbsp gluten-free flour
- ½ tbsp cinnamon
- ¼ tbsp nutmeg
- 1 apple cut in chunks
- preheat your oven to 350 degrees F
- melt your butter in the microwave if it is not already softened
- combine the butter with the golden monk fruit sweetener. this should be consistent with the result of using brown sugar
- mix in the flour and rolled oats until fully combined
- add in the cinnamon and nutmeg and mix until fully combined
- peel and chop your apple into medium sized chunks
- add your apples into a small ramekin or small, oven-safe bowl
- top the apples with your crumble mixture in an even layer
- bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes until the crumble is browned and the apples are soft
- remove from the oven and let cool slightly
- top with ice cream, caramel sauce or dig right in and enjoy!