one of the most popular fall activities to do is apple picking. and guess what comes right after apple picking?! APPLE CRISP! however, sometimes, you don’t want to make a whole apple crisp or you might only have a few apples left. so… what are you going to do? this single-serving apple crisp is the answer to all of your problems.
just have one apple left? no worries, that’s all you need to satisfy your apple crisp craving without making a whole tray. the perfect sized ramekin to use when making this recipe is like the one linked here. (P.S. you can use my code FEASTYTRAVELS10 on that link to save some money on your purchase!) however, if you don’t have a mini ramekin, you can also use a small, oven-safe bowl to make and enjoy this treat.
the last important factor of this recipe, is that it is GOOD FOR YOU TOO! you don’t have to feel guilty eating the whole recipe and not because it’s one serving. this recipe uses the cleanest of ingredients, gluten-free flour and no processed sugar. now that is what i call a win!
single-serving apple crisp
- 1 tbsp brummel & brown yogurt spread softened
- 2 tbsp monk fruit sweetener golden
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 3 tbsp gluten-free flour
- 1/2 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tbsp nutmeg
- 1 apple cut in chunks
- preheat your oven to 350 degrees F
- melt your butter in the microwave if it is not already softened
- combine the butter with the golden monk fruit sweetener. this should be consistent with the result of using brown sugar
- mix in the flour and rolled oats until fully combined
- add in the cinnamon and nutmeg and mix until fully combined
- peel and chop your apple into medium sized chunks
- add your apples into a small ramekin or small, oven-safe bowl
- top the apples with your crumble mixture in an even layer
tips and tricks
- suggested toppings : extra cinnamon, greek yogurt, cool whip or a scoop of your favorite icecream. however, i eat this healthy apple crisp without any toppings and it does not disappoint!
- you can substitute the brummel & brown yogurt spread with regular butter or a butter alternative that fits your dietary needs/preferences
- if you buy the ramekin linked above and here, make sure to use my code FEASTYTRAVELS10 at checkout so that you can save some money on your purchase!
- if you liked this recipe, you will also like my baked apple donuts and vegan pumpkin brownies