gluten free blondies are the ultimate indulgent treat. these blondies are gluten free and topped with sea salt for that perfect sweet and salty combo.
these are the BEST blondies ever. i know that's a big statement but i stand by it!
i tested this recipe three times to get the perfect texture and flavor for you. a blondie shouldn't be cakey but fudgy, dense and rich with a thin, crinkly top.
basically a cookie but in brownie form!
luckily, this recipe is incredibly easy to make. so easy that i've made this batter in just 8 minutes before. in addition, you only need one bowl to whip up the batter. easy clean up and less dishes!
filled with chocolate chips, these gluten free blondies are the perfect, late night treat. they're indulgent and can satisfy any sweet tooth. however, the touch that brings these blondies to the next level is the flaky sea salt on top...
- brown sugar
- kefir or regular buttermilk
- vanilla extract
- gluten free flour or regular all purpose flour
- chocolate chips
what is kefir?
kefir is fermented milk of a cow, goat, or sheep.
why is kefir used in this recipe?
kefir adds to the richness of the blondies but also creates the perfect texture. the creaminess of the kefir creates the ultimate gooey inside of the blondie.
- buttermilk (recommended swap 1:1 ratio)
- yogurt thinned out with milk (for 1 cup of kefir use ¾ cup of yogurt + ¼ cup milk)
- melted butter (1:1 ratio) + ¼ tsp baking powder
frequently asked questions
i like to think of blondies as cookies but in brownie form. thicker and more fudgy-like texture than your typical cookie but just as delicious!
yes! use a 1:1 ratio for all purpose flour. i do not recommend using oat flour, coconut flour or almond flour as these have not been tested and may affect the final result.
you can add any mix-ins you'd like! for example, any type of chocolate chips/chunks, nuts, nut butter, seeds, candy, sprinkles and more!
i wouldn't say that you have to, but i highly recommend it! if you don't have kefir or prefer not to use it, see the suggestions above!
store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days. or in the fridge for up to 5 days! however, they probably won't last that long!
- flourless fluffernutter bars
- paleo blondies, flourless and high protein
- low calorie brownies
- small batch chocolate cake
if you try this recipe, please consider leaving a rating and comment at the end of this blog post! it is incredibly helpful to my small business and to your fellow readers.
gluten free blondies
- 8x8 pan
- 1 egg large
- 1 egg yolk large
- 1 cup dark brown sugar packed
- ¼ cup butter melted
- ¼ cup kefir
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups gluten free flour
- ⅓ cup chocolate chips
- extra chocolate chips for topping
- preheat the oven to 350 degrees F
- add the eggs, brown sugar, butter, kefir and vanilla extract to a large mixing bowl
- mix until fully combined
- add flour and mix until just combined
- fold in the chocolate chips
- pour into a 8x8 baking pan that is lined with greased parchment paper
- top with extra chocolate chips
- bake in the oven for 30 minutes, rotating the pan 180 degrees after 20 minutes of baking to ensure an even bake.
- remove from the oven and let cool for a minimum of 1 hour before slicing
- cut and enjoy!
Leave a Reply