paleo blondies are naturally flourless and high in protein. using clean ingredients such as peanut butter and chickpeas this is one of the most nutritious desserts you could make!
these AMAZING paleo blondies are perfect for any time of year but also a great recipe to make for a holiday as well. more specifically, valentine's day coming up! you can make these high protein blondies in the typical blondie shape OR get fancy and make them into heart shapes. regardless of when you decide to make this recipe, is sure to be a crowd pleaser.
what makes these blondies high in protein?
i have always wanted to make a healthy version of blondies and you won't believe the secret ingredient that makes these beauties flourless, healthy and still DELICIOUS! ...Chickpeas are the secret ingredient to making this the perfect healthy valentine's day dessert. They are packed with tons of nutrients and plant protein but the best part is that you can't even taste them in the batter.
ingredients used in this recipe
frequently asked questions
a blondie is basically a cookie in brownie-form. this creates a delicious, chewy inside while maintaining the crispy topping we all love.
the chickpeas and peanut butter make this recipe paleo friendly.
when a toothpick comes out clean and the top/edges are perfectly golden.
you can use honey, agave or date syrup instead.
the inside of the blondie should look dark and moist. it should not be dried out or crumbly.
- honey sugar cookies, perfect for valentine's day
- high protein brownie (single-serving)
- pumpkin brownies, vegan and gluten-free friendly
- sea salt chocolate chunk cookies, perfect for any occasion!
if you try this recipe, please consider leaving a rating and comment at the end of this blog post. not only is it a huge help to my business but to other readers was well.
if you make this recipe, share it on instagram and tag me! i love to see your recreations. make sure that you're following me there as well for more delicious food content.
paleo blondies, flourless and high in protein
- 1 15 oz can of chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- ⅔ cup all natural peanut butter
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- 3 tsp vanilla
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ bag chocolate chips
- preheat your oven to 350 degrees F and line an 8x8 pan with parchment paper
- using a food processor or blender, add all the ingredients EXCEPT for the chocolate chips and mix until fully combined
- taste the flourless blondies batter for good measure but try not to eat it all!
- pour the batter into a mixing bowl and fold in as many chocolate chips as your heart desires
- spread the flourless blondies batter equally into the baking dish and top with more chocolate chips for good measure
- bake for 30-35 minutes depending on your oven, mine took closer to 35 minutes
- let cool slightly before slicing (if you have that kind of restraint) or dig right in and enjoy!