these chocolate sea salt cookies not only look perfect but taste incredibly delicious as well. the sea salt perfectly compliments the chocolate chunks in this classic, but indulgent cookie.
dare i say that these are quite possibly the best cookies i have ever made...? because i truly feel that way! the salty chocolate combination is quite the game changer. the salt brings out more of the delicious dark chocolate flavor we all love in a chocolate chip cookie. it has the perfectly crisp outer edge while remaining chewy, soft and slightly under baked in the middle. don't just make these cookies for you, your loved ones will thank you for it as well! however, i wouldn't blame you if you wanted to eat them all yourself...
i can't wait to see your re-creations on IG 🙂 make sure to tag me!
ingredients in this recipe
- gluten-free flour
- salted butter
- chocolate chunks (i linked my all-time favorite chocolate chunks here)
- flaky sea salt
- lots and lots of love 🙂
frequently asked questions
a high moisture content makes the perfect chewy and soft cookie. this means
using cold butter will create a crunchier cookie, if you're into that then use cold butter! i do have to say that i haven't tested this recipe with cold butter as i am more in favor of having a soft & chewy cookie.
this will most likely just create a chewier cookie! nothing wrong with that 🙂
both ingredients are incredibly important for this recipe. the baking powder helps create the ultimate chewy cookie. on the other hand, the baking powder contributes to keeping the cookie light and not too dense.
this is not necessary for this recipe but you can if you'd like! it will not affect the flavor or texture of the cookie. the only change it may impact is the amount the chocolate sea salt cookies will spread while baking.
extra tips when making sea salt chocolate chunk cookies
- store these cookies in an airtight container for up to 7 days
- store these cookies in a freezer for up to 1 month
- when not eating these cookies freshly baked, pop them in the microwave for 30 sec max, you won't regret it 🙂
related dessert recipes
- easy, flourless fluffernutter bars
- easy, gluten-free m&m cookies
- gluten-free peanut butter blossoms
- peppermint white chocolate brookies
if you try this recipe, please consider leaving a rating + comment at the end of this blog post.
LEAVING A 5 STAR RATING AND A COMMENT REALLY SUPPORT MY BUSINESS AND HELP OTHER READERS AS WELL!
chocolate sea salt cookies
- 1 cup salted butter softened
- 1 cup white granulated sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar packed
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 3 cups gluten-free flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 cups dark chocolate chunks
- sea salt flakes for topping
- preheat oven to 375 degrees F and line a baking pan with parchment paper and set aside
- in a large mixing bowl, add in your softened butter and sugar. cream together with a hand or stand mixer until fully combined
- beat in the eggs and vanilla until fluffy
- add in the gluten-free flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt (incorporate slowly, mixing in a little bit at a time)
- fold in the chocolate chunks until spread evenly throughout the batter
- take 2-3 tbsp of dough at a time and roll into balls. place them evenly spaced on the prepared cookie sheets
- bake for ~8 minutes until the edges are golden but not a dark brown
- let the cookies sit on the tray for 2 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack
- i hate to let my cookies sit for too long and can't help but eat them fresh out of the oven...so let cool slightly, and enjoy!