just because the holidays are over, doesn't mean the cookies have to be. this is an easy, simple cookie recipe that everyone is sure to love. gluten-free m&m cookies are a must have on hand.
it's always a sad time when the holidays are over. but who says we have to stop baking delicious cookies? a random tuesday night? let's do it! this gluten-free m&m cookies recipe is simple, easy to make and absolutely delicious! i love using the holiday-themed m&m's for this recipe, but the classics will do just fine. so grab your butter, sugar, m&m's and let's get baking!
frequently asked questions
the butter to sugar ratio is what will create the chewiness of these cookies. in addition, the melted butter enhances the chewiness of the cookie
using brown sugar will add to the chewiness rather than using the typical granulated sugar. this is why there is much more brown sugar compared to the granulated sugar.
adding melted butter instead of the traditional softened butter will result in a chewier cookie
these cookies would come out more crunchy than that perfect chew.
it will produce a more dense, moister cookie. the ratio of dark brown sugar to granulated is perfectly set to create the perfect chewy m&m cookie.
- gluten-free shortbread cookies with chia seed jam
- gluten-free peanut butter blossoms
- peppermint white chocolate brookies
- gluten-free pumpkin snickerdoodle cookies
- white chocolate pumpkin bars (gluten-free friendly)
if you try this recipe, please consider leaving a rating + comment! it is greatly appreciated 🙂
gluten-free m&m cookies
- ½ cup butter melted
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg room temperature
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup gluten-free flour
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ package m&ms
- preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper, set aside
- using a hand mixer, cream the butter and sugars together until creamy, about 3-4 minutes
- add in the vanilla extract and egg, mix until incorporated
- scrape down the sides of the bowl to make sure all ingredients are fully mixed
- to the bowl, add in the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt
- stir to combine with the wet ingredients and mix on low until fully combined
- cover the dough and allow to cool for 60 minutes in the refrigerator
- fold in the m&ms, reserving ¼ cup for topping
- after the dough has chilled, start to form balls with the dough. the balls should be about 1-2tbsp of cookie dough
- transfer onto the prepared baking sheet, leaving 2 inches between each cookie
- bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes until golden brown
- the cookies should be soft, but will set up after cooling down
- after cooling on the baking sheet (~5 min), transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling
- store in an airtight container for up to a week and enjoy!