smores campfire cookies are the perfect alternative when you can't make your typical s'mores. easy to make, delicious and gluten free friendly!
smores campfire cookies are my go-to when i want a dessert with chocolate, especially when it's summertime and i want to have a classic s'mores. these cookies are just as good and i am extremely guilty of eating the cookie dough.
trust me, it's really good and hard to stop eating! you can whip this cookies up in no time to have at home or to bring as a fun treat to your next summer bbq, potluck or family gathering.
- gluten free flour
- monk fruit sweetener / granulated sugar
- chocolate chunks
- gluten free graham crackers
benefits of chocolate
i am going to say something most wouldn't say... chocolate is nutritious!
there are so many health benefits to having doses of chocolate every day. it is a strong source of antioxidants and ability to lower blood pressure.
the bottom line is that there are so many high quality, delicious chocolates that you can enjoy every day!
frequently asked questions
yes! swap 1:1 to regular all purpose flour
any that you desire! i love how the chunks mix in with the marshmallows and crushed graham crackers but any chocolate chips or chopped chocolate will work.
make sure the marshmallows aren't on the bottom of the cookie but in the middle and on top! this will create the ultimate, gooey marshmallow texture.
honestly...underbaking them a little! i prefer to bake these closer to the 8 minute mark. let them cool slightly and they will be PERFECT!
most importantly, do not store the cookies until they are fully cooled! i recommend storing them in an airtight container for 3-5 days (if they last that long. you can also freeze the dough/cookies to make and enjoy over time!
related recipes using chocolate
- the BEST chocolate chip cookie
- banana chocolate cake (single serving)
- 80 calorie fudgy brownies
- almond joy overnight oats
if you try this s'mores campfire cookie recipe, please consider leaving a rating + comment at the end of this blog post. it is extremely helpful to my business and your fellow readers!
s'more campfire cookies
- ½ cup salted butter softened
- ½ cup granulated sugar (or monk fruit sweetener)
- ½ cup light brown sugar packed
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 ½ cups gluten free flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ½ cup mini marshmallows
- ½ cup gluten free graham crackers (about 3 sheets) crushed
- ½ cup chocolate chunks
- preheat the oven to 375 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- add both sugars, butter, eggs and vanilla extract to a bowl. mix until combined and fluffy
- fold in the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, baking soda, sea salt) until fully combined
- add in the crushed graham crackers, chocolate chunks and mini marshmallows until fully incorporated with the dough
- use a tablespoon or ice cream scooper to roll the dough into balls
- you can top each cookie with extra toppings as needed, i like to make sure there's at least one marshmallow on top with some extra chocolate chunks
- bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes until bottoms are golden and starting to slightly brown on the top of the cookies
- remove from the oven, let cool slightly (or don't...sometimes i just can't wait!) and ENJOY 🙂
we enjoyed this gluten free s’mores, they are fun to make and the perfect treat.
thank you so much!and i'm so happy to hear you enjoyed 🙂
My kids are allllllll over these cookies! So delish.
thank you so much! i hope you enjoyed 🙂
Yum what delicious cookies. I bet my son would love them. I'll bake them today. Thanks!
thank you so much! i hope you enjoy 🙂
YUM! These are the most perfect cookies! You can never go wrong with s'mores.
thank you so much! i hope you enjoy 🙂
these chewy cookies are super tasty!! i love the smores ingredients
i am so glad you enjoyed!