bakery style brownies are the perfect, fudgy, indulgent brownie. this recipe uses coffee and topped with sea salt to bring out the chocolate flavor. you won't want to make any other brownie recipe!
these are the best brownies i've ever had. they are fudgy, indulgent, rich and incredibly delicious
. if you're a chocolate lover like myself, you will LOVE these!
one of my favorite parts is how easy they are to make. i've made this batter in under 8 minutes and it still came out perfect.
however, there is still a couple secret ingredients to making these brownies the best ever...keep reading to find out what they are!
why you should add coffee to your brownies
did you know that coffee and chocolate go hand in hand?
they're better together, it's true! these two ingredients improve each other and therefore, improve the brownie batter as a whole.
the coffee intensifies the chocolate flavor, which is exactly what we want in a brownie. the more chocolate, the better.
you don't need much when adding coffee to your baked goods! this recipe just uses 3 liquid tablespoons and you get the perfect hint of coffee with the rich chocolate in every bite.
frequently asked questions
yes! i use gluten free flour for this brownie recipe. however, you can also use regular all purpose flour at a 1:1 ratio.
you don't HAVE to but it's highly recommended as it brings out the chocolate flavor.
my favorite chocolate chips to use are enjoy life brand or hu kitchen chocolate. both are delicious and high quality, perfect for these brownies.
you can! you can add your favorite nuts, chocolate, nut butter or anything your heart desires. the limit does not exist. do keep in mind that different mix-ins will chnage the baking time so make sure to keep an eye on that!
store these brownies in an airtight container at room temperature for 3 days (if they last that long). or store in the fridge for up to 5 days!
secrets to making these brownies
- first, coffee - it brings out the chocolate flavor and richness
- whisking your eggs - by whisking the eggs prior to adding them to the batter, this helps to create that crinkly top we all love and strive for.
- mixing the batter - DO NOT overmix the batter, this helps give us that fudgy brownie texture and that shiny, crinkly top
- measuring chocolate chips - measure with your heart, i love to fold chocolate chips in the batter and add more on top...
- lastly, flaky sea salt - don't question it, just add a little flaky sea salt on top and you won't regret it!
- gluten free blondies
- low calorie brownies using pumpkin
- healthy protein black bean brownies
- chocolate sea salt cookies
- gluten free brookies with peppermint and white chocolate
if you try this recipe, please consider leaving a rating and comment at the end of this blog post. it is a great help to my small business and to your fellow readers!
bakery style brownies with coffee
- 8x8 baking pan
- large mixing bowl
- ½ cup butter hot and melted
- 1 tbsp coconut oil melted
- 1 ⅛ cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- ½ tbsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp coffee liquid
- ½ cup gluten free flour
- ½ cup cocao powder unsweetened
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- flaky sea salt for topping (optional)
- ¼ cup chocolate chips for topping (optional)
- preheat the oven to 350 degrees F
- line an 8x8 baking pan with parchment paper and spray with nonstick
- add the butter, coconut oil and sugar into a large mixing bowl. mix together until fully combined
- whisk the 2 eggs together in a small bowl before adding into the batter
- once you add the eggs to the batter, also add the vanilla extract and coffee
- mix until combined
- add in the gluten free flour and cocoa powder
- mix until JUST combined. you don't want to over mix the batter so that we get that perfect crinkly brownie top
- gently fold in the chocolate chips
- pour into the lined 8x8 pan and spread into an even layer
- top with extra chocolate chips and put it into the oven
- bake for 20-23 minutes, rotating the pan 180 degrees halfway through
- remove from the oven when a toothpick comes out clean without any batter
- let cool for at least an hour, slice and enjoy!