gluten free brookies with white chocolate and peppermint are a holiday dream. it's just like biting into a brownie but in cookie shape! filled with the perfect amount of creaminess of the white chocolate & freshness from the mint, it's the perfect holiday bite.
is this a brownie or a cookie? it's a brownie in the shape of a cookie. think brownie but with a little more structure AND in a circular shape.
this is the best brookie recipe because of it's fudgy, decadent bite.
the peppermint and white chocolate marry perfectly and fill your mouth with a delicious, holiday flavor.
this recipe requires a little bit more of love with the additional steps of melting some chocolate and chilling the dough...
BUT! it is a million times worth it once you take that first bite. you and your loved ones will thank me later!
ingredients used in this recipe
frequently asked questions
a brownie but in cookie form! it has the fudgy center that everyone loves in a brownie but in the shape of a cooie. the outer edges have a nice structure without being too crunchy.
brookies are done when they are fully cooked on the outside but still soft in the center. no one likes a hard brownie when they bite into it.
you may have taken the brownies out a few minutes to early. BUT, i will never be mad about an undercooked brownie and i don't think anyone else would be either...
i suggest leaving the brookies for ~10 minutes on the baking tray then transferring them to a cooling rack for 5 to 10 minutes so that they don't fall apart in your hand!
i did not calculate the calories on this recipe as these are an indulgent treat. however, i do believe in listening to your body and knowing when you are satisfied. i don't like to wake up with a sugar hangover!
- healthy fudge brownie loaf, vegan and gluten-free
- white chocolate pumpkin bars
- vegan pumpkin brownies (extra fudgy!)
- chocolate coconut date balls
if you try this recipe, please consider leaving a rating + comment at the end of this blog post!
peppermint white chocolate brookies
- ½ pound dark chocolate chips or chunks
- 2 tbsp butter salted
- 2 eggs room temperature
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp mint extract
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour sifted
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 bar white chocolate
- in a medium bowl over a saucepan of simmering water, melt the dark chocolate and butter. make sure to stir continuously until smooth, about 7 minutes
- in a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs with the sugar with a hand mixer at medium speed. after about 5 minutes the mixture should be thick and pale
- beat in the vanilla extract and fold in the melted chocolate. once incorporated, fold in the flour and baking powder
- cover the mixing bowl and put in the fridge for about 1 hour. this will leave the dough chilled and firm
- preheat the oven to 350° and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- take about 2-tablespoon-size mounds of dough and stuff a small, white chocolate square in the middle
- place onto the prepared baking sheets, about 2 inches apart. bake the cookies for 10 minutes and allow to cool for 10 minutes on the baking sheet before transferring to a cooling rack
- melt the remaining white chocolate to drizzle onto the cookies. after drizzling the white chocolate, sprinkle the crushed peppermint on top
- share with your loved ones and enjoy!
did you make these peppermint white chocolate brookies? i would love to see your recreations...tag me on instagram!