this 5 ingredient banana bread will be the only banana bread recipe you need. it is easy to make, moist, delicious and gluten free friendly!
this banana bread recipe is the only banana bread recipe i make anymore, seriously. it's moist, delicious and easy to make. not to mention it is also gluten-free friendly!
there are a couple key components to making this 5 ingredient banana bread successful. what are they? buttermilk and rest time for the batter. both of these are to making a moist banana bread.
you won't ever have to worry about having a dry banana bread, ever again!
5 main ingredients used in this recipe
health benefits of bananas
besides being absolutely delicious, there are so many amazing components to the banana! they are full of antioxidants and rich in nutrients.
a few highlights are carbs, vitamin c and potassium. bananas are also known to support digestive health since it contains pectic, a type of fiber that promotes digestion.
last, but definitely not least, bananas are easy to add into your diet and a great food source for recovering after a workout.
frequently asked questions
three important factors make this banana bread incredibly moist. the buttermilk, resting the batter and ensuring that you don't use too much flour.
i have not tested the recipe with vegan butter or other butter replacements. it may come out okay but it has not been confirmed through testing (yet).
you can! but the buttermilk is an important factor to getting an incredibly moist banana bread.
by not overmixing the batter you will have a light and fluffy texture.
you can! the baking time will be much less and i would recommend keeping an eye on it so that the result isn't overbaked.
related recipes using bananas
- protein banana muffins
- no bake chocolate fudge balls
- breakfast banana split
- chocolate banana breakfast cake
- healthy banana waffle
if you try this banana bread recipe, please consider leaving a rating and comment at the end of this blog post. it is incredibly helpful to my business and fellow readers!
5 ingredient banana bread
- 3 bananas very ripe
- ½ cup butter softened
- 2 eggs
- 3 tbsp buttermilk
- 1 cup granulated sugar or monk fruit sweetener
- 1 cup gluten free flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- preheat the oven to 325 degrees F and line a loaf pan with parchment paper
- mash the ripe bananas until mostly smooth, some clumps will remain
- add in the butter, eggs, buttermilk and granulated sugar
- mix until fully combined
- fold in the gluten free flour ⅓ cup at a time as well as the baking soda with the last ⅓ cup of flour
- mix until fully combined
- rest the batter for 1 hour in mixing bowl
- spray the parchment paper in the loaf pan with non stick and transfer the batter into the loaf pan after fully rested
- spread in an even layer and bake for a total of ~1 hour (rotating the loaf pan halfway through)
- remove from the oven when a toothpick comes out clean
- let cool completely before slicing (1-2 hours or more)
- slice and enjoy!
Delicious! Super moist and tasty, we loved it
Hi! Can you use normal cake flour?
Yes you could try that!