the ultimate cookie for the peanut butter and chocolate lover. these gluten-free peanut butter blossoms are a classic, easy to make recipe to make all year round.
gluten-free peanut butter blossoms are a classic during the holiday season. BUT, i wouldn't be opposed to eating them all year round.
peanut butter and chocolate are two flavors that will never go out of style (or season). especially when you put them together, a match made in heaven!
these peanut butter blossom cookies are the perfect treat when you want something indulgent and rich, but are also easy to make!
ingredients used in this recipe
- gluten free flour
- baking soda
- baking powder
- peanut butter
- brown sugar
- vanilla extract
- granulated sugar
- hershey kisses
what are peanut butter blossoms?
peanut butter blossoms are more than just an incredibly delicious cookie! these cookies are made of peanut butter cookie dough and a hershey kiss pressed right into the middle after they come out of the oven.
it's hard to do but let these cookies cool after placing the hershey kiss in! this allows the hershey kiss to set in so that they don't fall apart once you take a bite.
as for the texture of these cookies, it's absolute perfection. the peanut butter cookie dough turns into a soft cookie that melts in your mouth. and when the cookie is paired with the rich chocolate...absolute HEAVEN!
frequently asked questions
up to 5 days in an air-tight container after baking
most likely due to overbaking the cookie or adding too much flour. be sure to level your flour as you measure so that no excess flour is added
this is due to adding too much flour to the batter, this decreases the amount of moisture in the cookie...especially after baking them
yes! you can freeze the dough and thaw when you want to bake the cookies. do not freeze the dough with the chocolate toppings as that will affect the result of the cookies
freezing the dough to bake later will not change the taste nor the consistency of the cookies
- easy, gf shortbread cookies with chia seed jam
- peppermint white chocolate brookies
- gluten-free pumpkin snickerdoodle cookies
- white chocolate pumpkin bars (gluten-free friendly)
if you try this recipe, please consider leaving a rating and comment at the end of this blog post. it is incredibly helpful to my small business and to your fellow readers!
gluten-free peanut butter blossoms
- ½ cup granulated sugar or monk fruit sugar
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup creamy natural peanut butter
- ½ cup butter softened
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups gluten-free flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- 1 bag hershey kisses
- preheat the oven to 375°F and line a baking tray with parchment paper
- using a spoon or hand mixer, beat the granulated sugar, the brown sugar, peanut butter, butter, vanilla extract and egg, until well blended.
- mix in the gluten free flour, baking soda and baking powder until dough forms.
- roll and shape dough into 1-inch balls.
- place on the cookie sheets, lined with parchment paper. they should be placed about 2 inches apart.
- bake 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are light golden brown.
- right after taking the cookies out of the oven, press 1 hershey kiss chocolate in center of each cookie.
- move from cookie sheets to a cooling rack to cool for 10-15 minutes
Leave a Reply