we can all agree that baked ziti is comfort food at it's finest. this meatless baked ziti with ricotta and mozzarella is not only delicious...BUT! it also features a pasta that's high-in-protein, making this a healthy meal for you too.
this meatless baked ziti with ricotta and mozzarella is easy to make, delicious and a healthy meal to add into your weekly rotation. one of the best parts? this recipe can be whipped up in under 30 minutes, therefore, not taking up hours of your day!
i bet you're wondering, how is this pasta dish high in protein without having any meat? well...i'll tell ya! this recipe features a high-protein pasta from protein goals, that not only tastes delicious but is good for you too. so whether you're trying to reach certain fitness goals or focus on your diet, this single-serving baked ziti is for you.
ready to make this tasty single-serving baked ziti? head on over to protein goals using this link to get your pasta!
use the code "feasty" to get 5% off your order!
frequently asked questions
yes! just adjust the measurements of each ingredient for the amount of servings that you want the recipe to make
for this recipe, i did not cover the baked ziti to ensure a nice crisp on the top with the cheese
yes, cook the pasta about 3 minutes under what you typically would. the pasta will finish cooking while baking in the oven.
you can use any short pasta for this recipe. however, spaghetti or any longer shape wouldn't be the best for this type of pasta dish.
yes, you can prep all of the ingredients in the dish and then bake it right before you are ready to eat it. i would not make the dish more than 1-2 days prior than planning to eat it.
tips when making this single-serving baked ziti recipe
- don't overcook the pasta, it will finish cooking while baking in the oven
- be careful to not broil the dish for too long as that can dry out the dish
- shave the carrot and zucchini thinly so that they cook fully and become soft in the oven
- if you want to make more than one serving, multiply the measurements by how many you would like to make
- purchase single-serving packets of the protein goals pasta so that you only make the exact amount needed. Use the code "feasty" to get 5% off all orders!
if you try this recipe, please consider leaving a rating + comment at the end of this post!
high-protein, meatless baked ziti with ricotta and mozzarella
- 1 package high-protein pasta
- 1 cup pasta sauce
- ¼ cup ricotta
- ¼ cup mozzarella shredded
- ¼ cup zucchini shaved
- ¼ cup carrots of shaved
- extra mozzarella for topping
- cook your high-protein pasta according to the instructions, but only cook the pasta until al dente—edible but still a little firm to the bite
- while the pasta is cooking, prep the zucchini and carrots
- in a small bowl, mix together the ricotta, shredded mozzarella and pasta sauce of choice. mix together until fully combined, then fold in the zucchini and carrot.
- preheat the oven to 400 degrees F
- after draining the pasta, make sure to rinse with cold water so that it stops the cooking process
- in a large bowl, mix the cooked pasta with the sauce mixture. pour the mixture into a baking dish and top with more shredded mozzarella
- bake in the oven for 10 minutes then turn the oven to broil. broil the dish for 2 minutes to give the cheese that bubbly and crisp topping
- remove from the oven, let cool for 5 minutes and enjoy!