vegan potato wedges are a delicious addition to a lunch bowl, compliment to a meal or just to have as a snack! full of flavor and using only clean ingredients, this recipe is simple and easy to make.
it's never bad to spice up your routine and in this particular case, your baked potatoes. this is a fun but healthy recipe that doesn't take too much work and will be full of flavor.
paprika mostly gives a great color to the potatoes while the garlic and onion powder do the heavy lifting. my favorite way to enjoy these vegan potato wedges is by dipping them into ketchup.
however, i do have to say that they are just as delicious on their own. an important note is that this recipe is both kid and meal-prep friendly that everyone in your household will love.
- russet potatoes
- onion powder
- garlic powder
- olive oil nonstick spray
frequently asked questions
they sure are! just because they are a carbohydrate, doesn't mean they aren't good for you. this recipe uses few additional ingredients and spices to make these wedges extra tasty, without any unhealthy ingredients. baking potatoes is also the healthiest way to eat them, definitely much healthier than frying them!
this is where a generous amount of olive oil spray will be your best friend. even if i don't spray the pan enough or cover it entirely, some of the potato wedges will stick. this will also cause the potato wedges to be less crispy. and it's no surprise that nobody wants that!
this is not a must-do for this recipe, in fact, i usually don't. however, i will say that soaking your cut potato wedges in cold water prior to baking will create a crispier texture.
sometimes i make these just to have a snack or if i don't want a whole meal. however, they pair great with burgers, grilled chicken and other roasted vegetables.
yes you can! they will obviously taste different than a regular potato but will still be delicious. the spices will hold up well with sweet potato and you can still prepare the recipe in the same exact way.
- baked carrot sticks
- warm feta dip with high-protein chips
- ancient grain bowl
- baked chicken caprese with thyme roasted potatoes
if you try this recipe, please consider leaving a rating + comment at the end of this blog post!
vegan potato wedges
- 3 russet potatoes
- 2 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- olive oil spray
- preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and cover with nonstick olive oil spray
- wash the russet potatoes and cut each in half
- cut each half into wedges and put in a large mixing bowl
- add the paprika, onion powder and garlic powder to the bowl. mix until all the potato wedges are fully covered
- spread in an even layer on the baking sheet and season with salt and pepper (to taste)
- put in the oven and bake for 30 minutes (until the side down is golden)
- remove from oven and flip each potato wedge to bake on the other side
- put back into the oven for about 20-25 minutes, until the other side of the potato wedges are golden and crisp!
- when done, the potato wedges should be crispy but not burnt.
- have them plain, dip them into ketchup or your favorite dipping sauce and enjoy!
Leave a Reply