baked carrot sticks are a healthy snack that is not only simple and delicious but can be added to any meal. this recipe is easy to make & meal-prep friendly for a busy week ahead of you!
there are many reasons to make this recipe. the first being is that they are absolutely delicious! carrots in general have a great flavor, but when you roast them in the oven...it's a whole new level of deliciousness! the roasting brings out the sweetness of the carrot in addition to a delectable caramelization on the outside. so if you're just making them for yourself or if you're a parent looking for a delicious (but healthy) way to sneak some healthy vegetables into your kids' meals, this recipe is for you!
- non-stick olive oil spray
- parsley flakes (optional for topping)
frequently asked questions
of course you can! i would recommend slicing them in half if you choose to do that but i prefer long-form carrots as i prefer their flavor and shape for making them into sticks.
yes, they are extremely healthy and have no added ingredients to make this recipe unhealthy. these are delicious on their own and a great accompaniment to a protein source to make this a full meal.
cut the carrots in half (midway down) and then cut each half in fours to make the carrots into a stick shape.
they will be 3 to 4 inches long
yes you can! my favorite is to keep them simple with salt and pepper but you are more than welcome to add other herbs/spices such as parsley.
- vegan potato wedges (oven-roasted and healthy!)
- warm feta dip with high-protein chips
- protein egg bites (high-protein snack)
if you make this recipe, please consider leaving a rating and comment at the end of of this post!
tag me in your re-creations on instagram, follow me here!
healthy and easy baked carrot sticks
- 1 peeler
- 1 baking sheet
- aluminum foil
- 1 lb bag of carrots
- non-stick spray
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- preheat the oven to 425 degrees F
- wash and peel all of the carrots
- cut each carrot in half, then into fourths to make sticks
- line your baking sheet with aluminum foil and grease with nonstick olive oil spray
- spread the carrots in an even layer on the baking tray
- baking for 25 minutes, remove from the oven and flip all of the carrots to roast on the other side
- put back in the oven for another 20 minutes, carrots should have a slight char and caramelization when done
- the carrots should be soft but still have a slight tender chew when you bite into them. once done, remove from the oven and enjoy!
Leave a Reply