this 4 ingredient pasta salad is the perfect recipe to make this summer! filled with healthy and refreshing ingredients, it's the perfect recipe to make when the weather gets hot!
JACKPOT! you just found your go-to healthy, summer pasta salad. this watermelon & feta salad is the perfect dish to bring to a summer BBQ, pot luck or a casual dinner at home. when the weather starts to get warmer, this is the most popular recipe to have for dinner in my family. my mom made this recipe a few summers ago and we never get sick of it. and once you try it, you'll see why!
the 4 ingredient pasta salad
- crumbled feta
frequently asked questions
you can definitely use what is available to you, fresh or from the spice aisle. i do recommend using the fresh when possible because of the stronger flavor in bigger pieces.
yes you can! i have never tried this but if you don't have feta on hand or want to swap it out, i think goat cheese would taste nicely as well. however, i am a huge proponent for the feta.
store this pasta in an airtight/sealed container for up to 5 days.
related recipes perfect for spring/summer
- lemon olive oil cake
- lemon poppy seed pancakes
- gluten free lemon bread
- blueberry zucchini muffins
- keto buddha bowl with a lemon tahini dressing
if you try this summer favorite, please consider leaving a rating + comment! it is incredibly helpful to my business and to your fellow readers.
watermelon & feta salad
- ½ watermelon cubed
- 1 block feta cheese cubes
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ cup basil chopped
- 1 box pasta
- get the pasta water ready + cook pasta according to the package's directions
- while the water is boiling, focus on prepping the remaining ingredients
- cube ½ of a watermelon in about 1 inch cubes
- cube the feta cheese block in a similar size
- chop the basil until you have about ½ cup
- mix the watermelon, feta, basil and olive oil together
- by now the pasta should be cooked
- once the pasta cooled (~30 minutes), add the pasta to the other ingredients and mix until fully combined