JACKPOT! you just found your go-to healthy, summer pasta salad. this watermelon & feta salad is the perfect dish to bring to a summer BBQ, pot luck or a casual dinner at home. when the weather starts to get warmer, this is the most popular recipe to have for dinner in my family. my mom made this recipe a few summers ago and we never get sick of it. and once you try it, you’ll see why!
to make this recipe, there are only 3 main ingredients that you’ll need, it can’t get much easier than that! the three main ingredients are : watermelon, feta and pasta. the fresh watermelon is the perfect ingredient on a hot, summer day. the feta cheese is not only delicious on it’s own but pairs perfectly with the sweet watermelon. who doesn’t love a savory + sweet combo?
fair and final warning…once you make this watermelon & feta salad, you won’t be able to stop the requests to make it again for all future gatherings. so, what are you waiting for? let’s cool down from this summer heat with this healthy, summer pasta salad!
watermelon & feta salad
- 1/2 watermelon cubed
- 1 block feta cheese cubes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup basil chopped
- 1 box pasta
- get the pasta water ready + cook pasta according to the package's directions
- while the water is boiling, focus on prepping the remaining ingredients
- cube 1/2 of a watermelon in about 1 inch cubes
- cube the feta cheese block in a similar size
- chop the basil until you have about 1/2 cup
- mix the watermelon, feta, basil and olive oil together
- by now the pasta should be cooked
- once the pasta cooled (~30 minutes), add the pasta to the other ingredients and mix until fully combined
notes + tips
- cube the feta + watermelon in similar sizes so that you get even bites and one doesn’t over power the other
- you can also add cherry tomatoes for another savory note and pop of freshness
- i used Banza pasta for this recipe but you can use any type of pasta that you prefer
- this healthy summer pasta salad is great for a summer bbq, potluck dinner or when you want a light + refreshing meal at home during the hottest summer months
- store in an airtight container and will last in the fridge for ~5 days after made (if it’s not all eaten before then!)
- if you liked this watermelon & feta salad recipe, you will also like my feta cheese stuffed shells and lentil bolognese recipes