this whole30 sweet potato hash recipe is perfect when you want to have a delicious, healthy and nutritious brunch at home. using simple ingredients, this is an easy recipe anyone can make!
the simplicity of this recipe is one of the best things about it. you most likely have all of these ingredients, most of them on hand or can easily find them at your local grocery store. this makes the recipe easily accessible to anyone, no matter where you are!
not to mention, how delicious it is! even though it uses few ingredients, it feels like a delicious dish you're having out at weekend brunch with your friends.
BONUS! if you're working from home you can whip this up during the week or treat yourself to making it on the weekends as well!
ingredients used in the recipe
- sweet potato
- olive oil spray
- salt pepper
- avocado (optional)
- sunny side up egg (optional)
- scallions (optional)
health benefits of sweet potato
sweet potato is one of my all time favorite ingredients. not just because they're delicious but they have so many health benefits as well. to start, sweet potatoes strengthen the immune system, support digestion and support eye health.
in addition, sweet potatoes contain anti-inflammatory properties and support healthy blood sugar levels. what more could you want from the sweet potato?!
frequently asked questions
this recipe is extremely healthy! besides the nutritional benefits of sweet potato (see FAQ below), there are only a few ingredients used and are all healthy ingredients to consume.
filled with vitamin a and keeps your eyes and immune system in a healthy state. this amazing ingredient contains antioxidants which protects your cells from daily damage. but these are only a few benefits, there are tons more 🙂
the egg is the binder in this recipe.
not necessary for the recipe but you can if you prefer. there are a lot of healthy nutrients in the skin of a sweet potato so i prefer to keep it in the recipe but that is personal preference.
yes! store in an airtight container for 3-5 days or up to 1 month in the freezer.
related recipes you'll love
- high-protein egg bites
- baked potato wedges
- sweet potato, chickpea and coconut curry
- chicken caprese with thyme roasted potatoes
if you try this recipe, please consider leaving a rating and comment! it is incredibly helpful to my business as well as to other readers who want to try the recipe.
don't forget to tag me in your re-makes on instagram and follow me there for more delicious food content!
whole30 sweet potato hash
- 1 cast iron skillet optional
- 1 skillet if not using cast iron
- 1 boxed grater
- 1 large sweet potato grated
- 1 egg
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- grate your sweet potato into a medium bowl
- in a tiny bowl, whisk your egg
- heat your cast iron skillet over medium heat and cover with nonstick spray
- add the egg to the sweet potato along with salt and pepper to taste
- mix until fully combined and all of the sweet potato is fully coated
- form the mixture into two medium sized patties
- once your skillet is heated cook each patty one at a time until crisp on both sides. this should take about 5 minutes on each side to ensure ultimate crispiness and that the sweet potato hash is cooked all the way through
- when done, top with your favorite ingredients such as a fried egg, sliced avocado, scallions and more seasonings