smooth ricotta with honey is one of the most delicious flavor combinations that i have ever had. this recipe is easy to make and perfect on toast, crackers, salads and even pasta!
this spread is my current favorite to add to any bread, cracker or crostini. it's a great addition to a charcuterie/cheese board when hosting a gathering or to enjoy on your own!
with only two ingredients needed, this recipe couldn't be more simple to make. however, it does not disappoint in flavor. AT ALL!
you can add other fun twists to this recipe such as using hot honey, ginger honey or adding it to pasta and pizza dishes.
how to use this ricotta cheese spread
this ricotta cheese spread is perfect on a cracker or a slice of toasted sourdough. you can also get creative by adding it to pizza and pasta!
health benefits of honey
let's chat health real quick! i want to start off by saying that i am not a professional dietitian but am sharing the known benefits that we all know of in our friend honey.
- good source of antioxidants
- contains a variety of vitamins, minerals and nutrients in small doses
- great, natural alternative to regular sugar
ingredients used to make this recipe
frequently asked questions
any liquid honey is perfect to use in this recipe!
on top of toasted bread, crackers, salad, pasta or pizza! it's easy to make and absolutely delicious to complement many dishes.
yes! just add the smooth ricotta into a bowl and dip those crackers and bread right in. this recipe is extremely versatile so get creative and enjoy!
related recipes featuring cheese
- watermelon, feta and basil pasta salad
- warm feta dip
- high protein baked ziti
- feta tomato stuffed shells
if you try this recipe, please consider leaving a rating + comment at the end of this blog post. it is incredibly helpful to my business and your fellow readers!
smooth ricotta cheese spread with honey
- 1 electric hand mixer optional
- 1 15oz ricotta part skim milk
- 3 tbsp honey
- add the ricotta cheese into a bowl and top with the honey
- use the hand mixer to whip into a smooth, creamy texture
- this should take less than 5 minutes and you have the most perfect whipped ricotta spread!
- add on to your favorite cracker or a slice of toasted sourdough and you are in HEAVEN!