this gluten free nut free is the perfect chunky granola and a staple recipe. the granola is made with simple and clean ingredients, it is easy to make and absolutely delicious.
the chunks that are created from this granola recipe are magical. they are so good that you will happily eat them on your own.
however, i love to have granola with yogurt, smoothies, smoothie bowls and much more! i will share more details of how to enjoy this granola later on.
the ingredients in this recipe play a key factor in creating these big chunks, however, the flavors also match perfectly together. the maple syrup and tahini pair so well together and are the highlight of this gluten free nut free granola.
the chia seeds and hemp seeds play more of a nutritional role. they had healthy fats and protein to the granola without impacting the flavor profile.
with this granola being so easy to make. you will be making it on repeat! i love to make a batch of granola every week to enjoy when the craving hits.
how to make the big chunks of granola
there are three big factors that create big chunks of granola. the first is using tahini to hold all of the ingredients together.
the second important factor is spreading the granola out in an even layer without any separation.
last but definitely not least! cooling is the last important step so that when you are ready to break the granola into pieces it doesn't crumble in your hand. if it is warm or too hot then it will crumble easily.
the best ways to eat this gluten free nut free granola
- on it's own - it's dangerously good
- with yogurt - a crunchy topping that adds a great element to a breakfast bowl
- as a cereal - pair with your favorite milk or milk alternative
- in a smoothie - adds a nice crunch factor to your smoothie
- on a smoothie bowl - a perfect topping to make a smoothie bowl satisfying and delicious
frequently asked questions
you could use honey or a sweetener like date syrup. the consistency will be similar enough to make sure the recipe is not affected.
to ensure you get big chunks wait a minimum of 45 minutes to one hour for the best results.
you can use avocado oil, melted and cooled vegan or regular butter.
nope! they just add nutritional benefit but removing them will not impact the result.
store in a sealed bag or airtight container for up to 5 days.
if you try this gluten free nut free granola recipe, please leave a rating and comment at the end of this blog post! it is incredibly helpful to my small business and to your fellow readers.
gluten free nut free granola using tahini
- 2 cups rolled oats
- ⅓ cup tahini
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp hemp seeds
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- preheat the oven to 325 degrees F
- add the rolled oats, tahini, maple syrup, coconut oil and vanilla extract into a bowl
- mix until fully combined
- add in the chia seeds, hemp seeds and ground cinnamon
- mix until fully combined
- line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spray with nonstick. i typically use coconut oil spray.
- spread the granola in an even layer without any gaps. this will help us get a chunky granola.
- bake for 28-30 minutes
- remove from oven and let cool for a minimum of 45 minutes
- break into big chunks and enjoy!
Leave a Reply