think oatmeal raisin cookies but made with clean ingredients so that it can now be a healthy breakfast! an easy, tasty and versatile recipe to have for breakfast.
i LOVE Oatmeal Raisin Cookies. i wanted to come up with a way to incorporate them into my daily life but in a healthy way. so...here we are!
healthy oatmeal raisin granola has been born! made with rolled oats and nut butter, this healthy granola recipe is made all clean ingredients.
an extra bonus it that is also has more protein than your basic granola bought at the store.
What Makes this granola recipe special?
the nut/seed butter that i use allows beautiful clusters to form during the baking process and makes it 100000x more delicious! i have made this recipe with almond butter, mixed nut butter and tahini -- it comes out great every time! the nut/seed butters create the perfect combination of chunky clusters and delicious flavor.
the extra protein comes from the nut + seed butter rather than using oils or actual butter in this recipe. using this product will act as the combining agent to get those perfect clusters.
frequently asked questions
the nut butter holds together all of the ingredients and creates the chunky texture. since it holds the ingredients together so well, it also breaks the granola into the perfect, large chunks that we all love.
typically this would be butter, maple syrup, honey or another oil-based ingredient. however, in this recipe it is the nut butter. the nut butter not only allows the granola to stick together but it is also a healthier, cleaner ingredient to use.
that depends on the ingredients. this is one of the cleanest granola recipes that you could make and is also higher in protein than most granola recipes.
- honey oat granola cereal
- nut & seed bars
- cinnamon raisin overnight oats
- breakfast banana split topped with fruit and granola
if you try this recipe, please consider leaving a rating and comment. it is a huge help to my business as well as to other readers who want to try the recipe!
vegan oatmeal raisin cookie granola
- ¼ cup almond butter
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- ½ cup raisins
- 2 ½ cups rolled oats
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a baking tray with parchment paper. cover with nonstick spray (my favorite to use in baking is a coconut oil spray)
- in a mixing bowl, add in your oats, raisins, vanilla extract and cinnamon
- melt nut butter with the maple syrup for about 30 seconds to help thin out
- pour the liquid mixture over the dry ingredients and mix until the rolled oats are fully coated
- spread into an even layer on your prepared baking sheet
- bake for about a total of 25 minutes, checking at 15 minutes. Once the granola has baked for 25 minutes, check it continuously to ensure the granola doesn't burn. the timing of this highly depends on the strength of your oven!
- you know the granola is done when it has a nice, golden color and the oats are not raw
- let cool and break into large chunks
- enjoy on it's own or with milk, yogurt or in a smoothie bow.