mini beef tacos in a tortilla cup are a fun twist on your typical taco night! not only are they incredibly healthy but they're incredibly delicious and easy to make.
if you're ready to get creative with taco night, this recipe is for you! whether you're making them on your own or with your loved ones, it's sure to be a blast (and delicious too).
one of my favorite things about tacos is that you can make them with your favorite toppings. not everyone wants the same toppings on their tacos which makes this recipe perfect for all. you can make the taco cups and fill them all individually.
the cups are made out of tortillas add after baked, give that perfect taco crunch! keep reading to see how i make them and what i fill them with!
main ingredients to make mini beef tacos
frequently asked questions
i suggest using any flour tortilla but my favorite tortillas to use for these taco cups are the whole wheat carb friendly ones from trader joe's.
yes! you can use any ground meat in this recipe that you desire.
i like to fill the taco cups fresh as i eat them. if you make them all at once and have leftovers, that's okay! see below how to store.
store empty taco cups in a ziploc bag for up to 3 days. store finished taco cups with filling and toppings in an airtight container up to 5 days.
you could reheat in a microwave but you won't get that good crisp! for that crunch factor, reheat in the oven at 350 degrees F for 6-8 minutes.
other easy dinner recipes
if you try this recipe, please consider leaving a rating and comment at the end of this blog post! it is incredibly helpful to my business and your fellow readers!
mini beef tacos in a tortilla cup
- 1 muffin pan
- 6 small tortillas
- 1 lb ground beef or any ground meat
- 2 red peppers diced
- 1 sweet onion diced
- 1 package taco seasonings
- olive oil spray
- 1 package extra sharp cheddar shredded optional
- salsa optional
- shredded lettuce optional
- heat a skillet over medium heat. once heated. add the diced peppers and onions to the pan
- once translucent and slightly caramelized, add the ground beef to the skillet
- break up the ground beef with a spatula and mix until finely ground. while the beef is cooking, let's make the taco cups!
- preheat your oven to 400 degrees F and spray the bottom of a muffin pan with olive oil spray
- take your mini tortillas and wrap them around the bottom of the muffin pan
- i suggest only making 4 at a time so that they aren't overcrowded
- bake for 8-10 minutes and tortillas are browned and crisp. remove from the oven and let cool for a few minutes
- repeat steps 5-7 for the remaining taco cups
- by now the beef will be cooked and we can put our taco cup together!
- take your taco cup and fill it with about a ¼ cup of ground beef. top with the salsa and shredded sharp cheddar
- (optional) put back in the oven for 2-4 minutes until the cheese is melted. remove from the oven and top with the shredded lettuce and any other toppings you desire! some family favorites are sour cream, extra salsa. rice or beans!
- last but definitley not least, enjoy!