parmesan bread bites are the perfect snack or appetizer. they are easy to make, delicious and incredibly versatile. add your favorite toppings and enjoy!
truffle is a flavor that you either love or hate. i for sure am a lover of it!
adding truffle zest to my toast makes something simple feel so elegant. i love this parmesan bread bites because they're so easy to make and customizable to your taste buds.
the shaved parmesan adds the perfect amount of saltiness to the toast, contrasting the sliced tomatoes. and the truffle zest? luxurious, rich and absolutely delicious.
main ingredients used
- slice of toast
- ¼ cup shaved parmesan
- truffle zest
what is truffle zest?
this truffle powder starts with ground black summer truffles which are both aromatic and earthy. fun fact, it is a low-calorie and low-sodium seasoning . not to mention that it is loaded with real black truffle flavors and aromas to take your taste buds on a vacation.
truffle zest is a delicious and easy way to add truffle flavor to any dish. my favorite ways to use it are on these parmesan bread bites or pasta!
frequently asked questions
any bread will work! i love to pick up a fresh loaf of sourdough when i know i'll be making this tasty snack during the week. an italian baguette, ciabatta or your favorite loaf will work.
truffle zest is my favorite in this recipe but i also love to add it to pasta or pizza!
the cheese will be fully melted! this is the best indicator to know the bites are ready.
store in an airtight container for up to three days. reheat in the microwave or oven at 350 degrees F for 5-10 minutes.
related recipes for a healthy snack
if you try this recipe, please consider leaving a rating and comment at the end of this blog post. it is incredibly helpful to my business and your fellow readers!
parmesan bread bites topped with truffle zest
- 1 slice your favorite toast
- 1 tbsp olive oil to drizzle
- 3 slices tomato
- black pepper to taste
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp truffle zest on top of tomato slices
- ¼ cup parmesan shaved
- 1 tsp truffle zest on top of cheese
- preheat the oven to 400 degrees F
- line a small baking tray with aluminum foil. add a slice of bread and drizzle olive oil on top
- add 2-3 thin slices of tomato and top with ground pepper, sea salt and the truffle zest
- bake in the oven for 10 minutes until the bread is crisp and the tomato slices start to cook
- remove from the oven and top with the shaved parmesan
- add more truffle zest and put back in the oven for about 5 minutes
- by then the cheese should be melted
- remove from the oven and let the toast cool slightly
- break the toast into little bite-sized pieces or eat as a regular slice of toast