this pasta pesto salad with sun dried tomatoes is the perfect easy dinner. it is quick to make and uses only simple and nutritious ingredients.
i am always looking for new dinner recipes that are easy to make and delicious. this pasta pesto salad with sun dried tomatoes is my new favorite.
i love to use chickpea pasta because it not only adds nutritional value but also tastes amazing too with all the other ingredients.
the sun dried tomatoes add great acidity while the mozzarella brings it all together.
if you're like me, you'll be makign this pasta pesto salad every week!
frequently asked questions
my favorite sauce to use if i'm not making it homemade is definitely trader joe's kale cashew pesto sauce. it's vegan but you wouldn't know it! i use it in these photos on this blog post. great for when you are in a time crunch! you can also make your own, such as my recipe for spinach basil pesto.
i love to use chickpea pasta but you can use any. some other favorites are red lentil pasta or brown rice such as tinkyada.
store in an airtight container for up to 5 days. this meal is great to have throughout the week as a lunch or dinner if you don't have time to prep/make a meal.
- watermelon pasta salad with feta and basil
- spinach pesto sauce
- feta stuffed pasta shells
- high protein meatless baked ziti
if you try this recipe, please consider leaving a rating and comment at the end of this blog post. it is incredibly helpful to my business and your fellow readers.
pasta pesto salad with sun dried tomatoes
- 1 box chickpea pasta cooked
- 1 pacakge vegan pesto
- ½ red onlion diced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 log mozzarella cut in chunks
- ½ cup sun dried tomatoes halved and sliced
- cook the pasta of your choice according to the package's instructions
- while the pasta is cooking, prep the red onion and sun dried tomatoes
- once the pasta is cooked, rinse with cold water to stop the cooking process. this will also cool the pasta to add in the rest of the ingredients.
- put the pasta in a large mixing/serving bowl and combine all of the ingredients
- mix until fully combined and the pasta should be well coated with the pesto
- serve and enjoy!