strawberry jam cookies are the perfect cookies to make when you're craving a fruity dessert. a fluffy a classic sugar cookie swirled with strawberry jam is a delightful flavor combination. they are gluten free, scrumptious and easy to make.
these strawberry jam cookies are the pairing of a perfect, fluffy sugar cookie and a delicious strawberry jam. the flavors merry so well together and almost melts in your mouth.
let me just say, it's hard to stop at one cookie!
i can eat these right out of the oven, cold or reheated after taking them out of the fridge. the batch won't last long but the best part is they are easy to make and you can always make more!
a perfect treat to have at night or with your afternoon tea (if you're into that).
keep reading to find out what customizations will work well and what won't...but most importantly, i hope you enjoy these cookies!
how to swirl the jam into the cookies
when swirling the jam we don't want it to get completely mixed into the batter. we want to see some beautiful ribbons throughout.
my main tip is to go slow and take your time.
what i did to get these beautiful ribbons of jam was drop some jam on the mixed batter and start to gently fold it in. this allowed me to have control over the batter and create these swirls.
i chose to leave some parts with chunks of jam and then streaks throughout the batter. it came out beautiful in the end result and held together in the baking process.
frequently asked questions
i recommend using regular all purpose flour. any other flour will change the consistency of the cookie dough.
any vegan butter alternative (still cold) will work but i do not recommend trying coconut oil, avocado oil or olive oil as that will change the consistency of the cookies.
the cookies are done when they've risen and have a lightly golden bottom to them. another method to know if they are done is when you can stick a toothpick into the cookie and it comes out clean.
store in an airtight container for up to 5 days in the fridge or freezer for up to 1 month.
of course! you can use any jam that you think would taste good with these classic and fluffy sugar cookies.
related dessert recipes
- shortbread cookies with chia seed jam
- protein black bean brownies
- gluten free s'mores campfire cookies
- chocolate sea salt cookies
if you try this recipe, please consider leaving a rating and comment at the end of this blog post! it is incredibly helpful to my small business and to your fellow readers.
strawberry jam cookies
- ½ cup cold butter cubed
- ½ cup granulated sugar / monk fruit sweetener
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ cup gluten free flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ cup strawberry jam
- preaheat your oven to 350 degrees F
- using a hand mixer, beat the cold butter and sugar until fully combined and a fluffy consistency
- add in the egg and vanilla extract. mix again until fully combined
- add in the gluten free flour and baking powder
- once fully combined, you will fold in the strawberry jam to ensure it creates ribbons throughout the batter.
- use a cookie scooper or spoon to measure about 1.5 tbsp of cookie dough for each cookie
- place on a lined baking tray about 2 inches apart from each other (you may need multiple trays or to do two rounds of baking)
- bake for 10-12 minutes until the cookies have a slightly golden bottom and cooked all the way through
- let cool for 10-15 minutes, but if you can't wait ... of course you can dig right in!